tonights dinner ...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anonymouscowherd

Reaction score
Turkey in the oven, mashed sweet taters done, green beans waiting tonbe cooked and neck, gibblets etc simmering away to use as gravy stock when the bird comes out

Daughter will be here soon to make mashed taters, mom is bringing her home made cranberry sauce and the wife spent yesterday baking apple and pumpkin pies (crusts from scratch and all)

Still a bit early but I may sneak into the Woodford Reserve bourbon to sip while waiting for the next stage of cooking madness

Turkey in the oven, mashed sweet taters done, green beans waiting tonbe cooked and neck, gibblets etc simmering away to use as gravy stock when the bird comes out

Daughter will be here soon to make mashed taters, mom is bringing her home made cranberry sauce and the wife spent yesterday baking apple and pumpkin pies (crusts from scratch and all)

Still a bit early but I may sneak into the Woodford Reserve bourbon to sip while waiting for the next stage of cooking madness
1703449262185.png
And thanks for the glass of your Woodford Reserve yesterday, I can't wait to getmy own bottle now.
Enjoy your fam dinner bro

Sounds Good!
Smoked Turkey Breast, Honey Baked Ham, Sweet Potatoe Casserole, Cheese Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Cheesecake and Home-Made Yeast Rolls. I am not as refined as most so will end the evening with Southern Comfort in my Egg Nogg.
Sounds like a hellova nice spread to me, & I fell in love with Southern Comfort in the 9th grade way back in the 70's. I still enjoy it straight or mixed.

Beer boiled green chili deer brats. Finished in a cast iron skillet with a small pad of butter.

Anymore, so far from family, the eating doesn't kick KIMG1269.JPGoff until tomorrow. Pheasant pot pie tomorrow at noon, with all of the snackings and breakfast burritos in the morning! Gonna make a mess outta myself.

Boys are decorating cookies for Santa right now. I'm having a little nip of larceny. Neat.

I might sip some Makers Mark tonight.
One of my all-time favorites!!

Ma and I did a bourbon tour in Kentucky this pass fall and Makers was the best of the best distillery tour. I have three or four different cask-strength and barrel proof Makers and enjoy a couple fingers of one or the others every once in a while, just as muzzyhans does, neat.

Makers is my go to bourbon. Priced good, easy to find, goes down smooth everytime... But I do like to change it up from time to time. A fifth lasts me forever, so I usually have several different bottles going in a year.

2X 1.5” Porterhouse
Salad
Baked potato w/sour cream and chives
Steamed Shrimp
Mixed veggies
Sautéed Mushrooms
Au Jus
Horse Radish
Croissants
Dr Pepper
Squirt
New York Cheese Cake
Coffee
(Son has drinking difficulties and I support his sobriety by not having the grape.)

Latest posts

Back