backstrap-n-bakers....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anonymouscowherd

Reaction score
Wife spent the day cleaning and baking while I was in the woods with @Ninering62 making turkey noises (and shooting a turkey).

So of course honey I'll make dinner - you go lie down and rest a while.....

Cinnamon apple cakes just came out of the oven, so while oven is on, in go a half dozen baking taters, each with a drizzle of olive oil and some kosher salt wrapped in foil.

When those were done, took some of the back strap from the deer @Ninering62 gave me yesterday and cut it into 1.5" thick petit steaks. Sprinkle of kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, and a bit of garlic powder, and into a VERY hot pan with what was probably almost too much butter. Three and a half minutes on each side, pull pan from heat (conduction top stove rocks - quick and fast like gas, convenient like electric) and tent the steaks with some foil for a few moments. Tried to use the butter in the pan with a bit of flour to make a roux, thinking I'd make a quick black pepper and cream gravy/sauce but something Went Wrong and that stuff got trashed before I even added liquid.

Bakers got butter and salt and pepper (and sour cream on mine), and all in all a very simple and quick and oh so good meal.

Wife spent the day cleaning and baking while I was in the woods with @Ninering62 making turkey noises (and shooting a turkey).

So of course honey I'll make dinner - you go lie down and rest a while.....

Cinnamon apple cakes just came out of the oven, so while oven is on, in go a half dozen baking taters, each with a drizzle of olive oil and some kosher salt wrapped in foil.

When those were done, took some of the back strap from the deer @Ninering62 gave me yesterday and cut it into 1.5" thick petit steaks. Sprinkle of kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, and a bit of garlic powder, and into a VERY hot pan with what was probably almost too much butter. Three and a half minutes on each side, pull pan from heat (conduction top stove rocks - quick and fast like gas, convenient like electric) and tent the steaks with some foil for a few moments. Tried to use the butter in the pan with a bit of flour to make a roux, thinking I'd make a quick black pepper and cream gravy/sauce but something Went Wrong and that stuff got trashed before I even added liquid.

Bakers got butter and salt and pepper (and sour cream on mine), and all in all a very simple and quick and oh so good meal.
Glad y'all enjoyed the fresh deer meat bro. Everything sounds good.

Back