Traditions Striker Fire Problem

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Va Hunter

Reaction score
Wife bought me a striker fire a few years ago. I decided to try it and maybe give up my Omega, ain’t happening. This problem is strange to say the least. After shooting it 5 or 6 times when you slide the button to cock it, it doesn’t engage. Here’s what I don’t understand. If I take a little TC 17 on a paper towel and wipe down the breach face ( where the firing pin is located) then it acts right for another 5 or 6 shots. Any ideas ?

I did a quick review on them looks like a list of problems, one was misfires from what I read it don't like being very dirty,I know yours wasn't a misfire but wonder if it's not connected. I'm sure others have more info than me but thought it mite help. I've never messed with one of those sorry wasn't more help.

Does the striker not engage unless it’s closed fully? My guess is that it’s not quite fully closed because of debris on the breech face? If that’s the case, maybe a different primer or an o-ring to eliminate the blowback? I’m just thinking and guessing here, I don’t have one.

What gets me is the breach face doesn’t appear dirty when it acts up. I contacted Traditions and got the impression they think I’m FOS.

Latest posts

Back