Turkeys 2007

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sg-bill

Reaction score
Happy 2007 guys. I know it's kinda early but i've been thinking about spring and those old long beards. This past Wed. I saw 7 big birds in a green field. They were just walking along and feeding. Sat. morning my nephew calls and says he is watching about a dozen long beards. They were running around after each other and making all kinds of noise. Sounds to me like they were trying to decide who was boss. Our turkeys stay flocked up around here in my part of KY until late march early april. Mostly hens that late, the gobblers have already broken up by then. A few years ago I was hunting Fort Campbell, season came in the last week of march. I was set up on the edge of a soybean field when this flock of about 45 or 50 hens came into the field. They were feeding along when another flock of about 25 or 30 more hens show up. They come togeather and started fighting and chasing each other. You would not believe the show they put on for over an hour. I wish I had a video camera. Goose season isn't even over and I am already thinking about TURKEYS. Can't help it, I love it so. Bill

I've got it, too!

I sat in my stand last week and watched a longbeard for 5 minutes scratching up leaves as high as my head. It's HARD on an old man having to watch something like that.

sg-bill said:
I am already thinking about TURKEYS. Can't help it, I love it so.

I Know what you're talking about, Bill! When it gets past the first of January, I start thinking about spring turkey hunting also. It's without a doubt my favorite time of the year.

I think I already faintly here gobbles way off in the distance.........at least in my head. :lol:

I'm ready... I've been playing with calls, gathering my decoys and getting set for a great spring.... I'm going to call in a few birds for friends as well....

Latest posts

Back