Wanted: 50 caliber funnel and also globe front sight with spirit level

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
I am seeking a metal funnel for my .50 caliber rifle with a muzzlebrake. I want to be able to use it not only for powder, but also to insert bullets inside the funnel into the barrel. I am also seeking a front sight with a globe and a spirit level. Ideally the sight would also be windage adjustable. Well meaning people have sent me in the wrong directions with regard to this funnel, some to my surprise.

Hello,
I am seeking a metal funnel for my .50 caliber rifle with a muzzlebrake. I want to be able to use it not only for powder, but also to insert bullets inside the funnel into the barrel. I am also seeking a front sight with a globe and a spirit level. Ideally the sight would also be windage adjustable. Well meaning people have sent me in the wrong directions with regard to this funnel, some to my surprise.
Buffalo arms. You'll still have to cut a 3/8 dovetail for the front sight. X

Hello X-ring
I have encountered a front sight without a dovetail and will be made with my proper screw holes to fit this barrel, It is the Baldwin sight company in Oklahoma.
This funnel search that would fit through my muzzlebrake has turned into a crusade and there seems to be nobody who makes them, yet I just know they must exist. In I.D. of my muzzlebrake is .5450

Most brakes for a 50cal are bored to .560" where a 45cal is bored to .500".
There are plenty of builders who make brakes. LR Customs has one of the best TACTICAL brakes available for the 50's and 45's, and they come with a load through funnel. Arrowhead has radials and you can get the load through funnel, or he used to for the 50's.
Jeff at Bestill Creations makes funnels, but your I.D. is too small.

Encore 50A,

Thanks ever so much. Now I know why I have not received any information from Mr. Fisk on this matter! I knew nothing of LR Customs till right now and will be contacting them immediately on this matter. This search had turned from a challenge into a crusade!

Encore 50A,

Thanks ever so much. Now I know why I have not received any information from Mr. Fisk on this matter! I knew nothing of LR Customs till right now and will be contacting them immediately on this matter. This search had turned from a challenge into a crusade!
Having fun yet ;)

LR Customs makes IMO, and that of many other users, the best TACTICAL brake made. It's so good, that a well known builder ordered one and copied it, just changing the name.
Levi puts a TON of research into his brakes. He doesn't just build one. He actually has a friend who is a high speed photographer, and he tests his brakes at night. He has two objectives... Create a brake that works, and a brake that doesn't give the shooter a concussion.

1707419684369.jpeg

50cal BMG..............

1707419775641.jpeg

Here's a friend shooting his Remington Ultimate with 112grs weight of BH209 and a 320gr bullet.
There is NO weight on his sled.
LR Customs brake.

Last edited:
Cool photos but photography doesn’t really tell you much about felt recoil reduction and staying on target (assuming those are your priorities). A good brake balances those two things with loudness. There are dozens of good brake builders in the market.

Cool photos but photography doesn’t really tell you much about felt recoil reduction and staying on target (assuming those are your priorities). A good brake balances those two things with loudness. There are dozens of good brake builders in the market.
Evidently you didn't read the entire posting. That is exactly what LR Customs does when they design muzzle brakes. His TACTICAL brakes can not be matched by any of the dozens of other good brake builders. That's why he's been copied so much, even by one of the well known builders mentioned on this site quite often.

Last video............. look at it VERY CLOSELY. How much felt recoil do you think he's getting?

When a builder goes to the extent of designing brakes of actually taking high speed camera shots, I'd say he's trying to design the BEST POSSIBLE brake, that reduces felt recoil, and reduces concussion to the shooter.

What other builder to you know of that goes to that extent to design brakes???? I'm waiting..............

How about a very small framed lady shooting a 50cal BMG with a 600gr bullet? How much felt recoil does it look like she's getting?

Or........... how about shooting that 50BMG with an 808gr bullet?

Back