War Eagle Or Seaark?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(Edit: I don’t know who builds the better boat, but it sure looks as if I like to talk!🤪)

I’ve got a tunnel hull SeaArk 20’ center console jon boat. I’ve been very happy with it.

I live in MN- home of Alumacraft, Lund, Crestliner, and others. (Alumacraft’s All-Weld series was built in AR, at that time.) No MN company would build me what I wanted, so I bought a SeaArk made three states away. At that time there were no SeaArk dealers in MN, so I ordered from a dealer in NE, two states away.

My main (pretty much only) complaint is that I don’t like the pedestal seat bases they used. Mine came with the small (3/4”) “King Pin” style seat pedestal bases, which are not acceptable to me.

I’m a “big’ol boy,” and find them to be wobbly. 🤬 They maybe plenty strong, I don’t know. What I DO know is that they feel like they might snap off at any moment… 😳 No good!

I’ve replace 2 of the 3 bases with the 1-3/4” pedestal bases, and I’m MUCH happier with them. They feel rock solid!

The factory bases were bolted in place in panels, before the panels were welded in place. That can make it nearly impossible to swap them out… I have 2/3 done, one more to go (PITA!).

My only other complaint is about the spray-in rubberized coating that I ordered. I ordered it on the floor, front deck, rear deck, and the side panels that cover the ribs.

They didn’t spray the extra seat box that I added when I ordered the boat… so I still have slippery/hot/cold aluminum, there. When a person goes to step up on the rear deck, it’s just painted aluminum- NO GOOD in the cold, sun, or rain!

If a customer ordered spray-in liner on virtually all deck surfaces, don’t you think you MIGHT JUST ASK if he wanted the seat box done?

Technically it was my fault for not articuting that I wanted the seat box done, but I ASSumed (you know what they say about that) that it would obvious.

EVERY OTHER AREA that a person stands or sits on in this 20 foot boat was sprayed! I ASSumed that the seat box would be sprayed. I guess the assembly crew ASSumed that if I wanted it sprayed, I would have articulated it. 🙄

It just irks me that there was no one one the assembly crew with enough intellectual curiosity to question why the seat box wasn’t being sprayed… A one-minute phone call would have solved the problem!

I ordered radial tires on the trailer. I got two radials, and a bias-ply spare. A couple of phone calls got that taken care of… probably the trailer manufacturer’s fault, vs. SeaArk’s.

When I ordered my boat (2012?), SeaArk would still do some slight customizing, like the position of the center console. Alumacraft (10-12 miles from my house) would not do that. I also ordered some aluminum angle “runners” welded on the bow, for ice/rocks/whatever.

Anyway, I would not hesitate to buy another SeaArk! 👍

A buddy of mine did a lot of reasearch on his “ultimate” duck boat, and ended up with a War Eagle. He’s long since passed away, but he was pretty proud of it. He was a very knowledgeable hunter and “boat guy.” If Mark was happy with it… it was a good boat!

I think either one is probably a safe choice!

Back