Well I did it

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I need to know if anyone is going to want to buy my .50 cal barrel/receiver? I probably only have 20 shots through it. All that's needed is the bolt and of course a stock. I have the original FPJ breech plug and a SSK Firearms 209 BP which is installed. I will likely be posting it in the classifieds once I get the .45 shooting. I have 2 other 50s; a Rem 700ML and a CVA Accura V2 (which my grandson has claimed)
What I need from you guys is a good bullet to start with. I may just try full bore jacketed bullets as I have an adjustable sizer waiting at home for me. As for lead bullets I'll be trying Maxi-balls, 340 gr I-bullets, 350 gr HP, and 340 gr paper patched. Any other suggestions?

Now I need to know if anyone is going to want to buy my .50 cal barrel/receiver? I probably only have 20 shots through it. All that's needed is the bolt and of course a stock. I have the original FPJ breech plug and a SSK Firearms 209 BP which is installed. I will likely be posting it in the classifieds once I get the .45 shooting. I have 2 other 50s; a Rem 700ML and a CVA Accura V2 (which my grandson has claimed)
What I need from you guys is a good bullet to start with. I may just try full bore jacketed bullets as I have an adjustable sizer waiting at home for me. As for lead bullets I'll be trying Maxi-balls, 340 gr I-bullets, 350 gr HP, and 340 gr paper patched. Any other suggestions?

Well if the price were right, I would be interested in the 50 cal barreled receiver! Yet I really do not know what the right price would be and I am cheap!

I ordered my Knight 45 cal Mountaineer 1:20 twist for my Disc Extreme stock and a new BP from SSK Firearms (AKA Lehigh Defense) Can't wait to get it all together and shoot it.
Im kinda jealous. I was ready to buy one last year when some of these guys got me second guessing and thinking about the ultra light. I havent bought either yet. Itll def be a 45 1:20 when i do decide which one. Great choice, congrats!

Well if the price were right, I would be interested in the 50 cal barreled receiver! Yet I really do not know what the right price would be and I am cheap!
New barrels are $340 without the BP. I have 2 BPs for this one. The original FPJ and a Lehigh BH209 (AKA: SSK Firearms) I sent you (Sabotloader) a PM

70-80gr of powder by volume. 340ish to 490ish conical sized about .002 over lands if using BH209. Mine was .4507 as best as i could measure it. Also if using BH209 i suggest trying the poly wads. You can get a huge bag of 1000 from Buffalo Arms. You can also get a cheap 50 or 100 pack from Fury. The poly wads seal tighter than any other wad. The are about .463 and available in either .030 or .060. I like the thicker ones.

Back