West Boggs Lake

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Name

Reaction score
Took the family camping and fishing down by Lagootee last weekend and had a real good time. My parents are still there haulin in the fish.

Joe Name said:
Took the family camping and fishing down by Lagootee last weekend and had a real good time. My parents are still there haulin in the fish.

What were ya'll catching Joe?

Blue gill,Crappie and Bass Nice thing about west boggs is you can catch alot of fish off the shore if you dont have a boat.[/quote]

I have not fished West Boggs in a few years, but have heard that the fishing has gotten good since they started dropping the water level after duck season every year. I might just have to drive up there one day next week and get a line wet. To me the good thing about Boggs lake is that I can be to a private dock the lake in 2-3 min. or be at the boat launch in around 5 min. That short drive is nice when you only have an hour or 2 to mess around which is all I have had lately.

The 'gills are just getting ready to bed here in N. Indiana. I've caught 120 of them the past 3 days all between 6" and 8" and released them in my pond. The males are colored pretty well, but not turning black like the bedding males do. The females are really loaded with eggs.

I think it was at West Boggs campground is where I got my first kiss, many many moons ago :wink:

I got a little more than a 1st kiss at that camp ground :oops:

I took the short drive to the back side of the lake this morning after I got off work. The water is not quite at the normal level yet, but it is getting close. I figured with all the rain we had over the last few weeks, and the fact that everyone is catching fish out there that it was full again. I think that when I get off work in the morning I will go fish off of the cosway for an hour or 2 and see what I can catch, because there were 3 boats catching fish in that area when I was out there this morning.

Latest posts

Back