What are you Thinking Arkansas!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illinoishunter

No Braggin Till You're Draggin
Supporting member
Reaction score
What are you Thinking Arkansas? So it appears Arkansas is looking for public opinion on whether straight wall cartridge should be allowed during Muzzleloader season. I ask why? What's the purpose? Lazy, poor shooting hunters can't bag a deer in a month long modern firearm season so they need another week? ""Not saying all are lazy bad shots just to be clear""

Do you all think, is this just the way things are going to go? Any other states already doing this or talking about it?

https://www.agfc.com/news/agfc-opens-public-comment-survey-on-proposed-regulations-changes/

https://www.ilovemuzzleloading.com/...ll-cartridges-in-arkansas-muzzleloader-season

Been here in Southwest Arkansas for over a year now and of course being a fanatic muzzleloader I'm always talking it up with locals, there is such a lack of muzzleloading knowledge especially with current in lines, I could easily see why local people would want to just go to a straight wall cartridge ,,the average Arkansas Hunter is just all about putting meat on the ground if he thinks there's a possibility of doing it with a rifle cartridge instead of a muzzleloader I think he's going to vote Yes for that. Arkansas has a Early Muzzleloader season and it is the best week to be in the woods once the rifle/dog season starts it's over, I would see again where many hunters that hunt that early season would like having a straight wall cartridge I guess what I'm getting at is there's a lot of other background influencing factors on this topic at least in Arkansas. All the hunters around me I've met know that that week of Early Muzzleloader is the time to get a good buck if they realize there's a chance of having a rifle cartridge to use instead of a Muzzleloader or a quote straight wild cartridge they are going to vote Yes for that

I really have been on a mission to help and educate everyone I have come in contact with around me here I try to always be Johnny Appleseed of muzzleloading wherever I'm at I have some converts but it's very depressing when almost everyone you meet has a locked up corroded up $200 Muzzleloader from Walmart from the year before

I don't know about the rest of Arkansas but the Southwest part that I live in is like stepping back in time about 30 years in many many ways politically socially thought process wise and especially with people's view of what a Muzzleloader is and can do I know that sounds critical I don't necessarily mean it in a critical sense part of the appeal of why I moved here was because it is behind the times however in this area I wish it was different

I don't know about the rest of Arkansas but the Southwest part that I live in is like stepping back in time about 30 years in many many ways politically socially thought process wise and especially with people's view of what a Muzzleloader is and can do I know that sounds critical I don't necessarily mean it in a critical sense part of the appeal of why I moved here was because it is behind the times however in this area I wish it was different

I keep trying to convince the old lady to move to Arkansas. Perfect fit for me but my Chicago city girl wife is absolutely appalled by the idea, ugh.. But I am making head way on her. Her views are shifting in line with mine slowly. Fingers crossed some day.

I love Southwest Arkansas I can get past the muzzleloading views real quick it's so nice coming from the hustle and bustle of Southeast Texas around the Houston area up here I love the people and I love the culture but ever local culture as well as every larger culture has its good and bad you have to accept both I know about every third license plate you see around where I'm at here now is a Texas license plate and if you stare through the window most of the time it's a man or a couple that are my age it's like everybody in Texas that's of a mindset to get back to the country is moving to Arkansas

I love Southwest Arkansas I can get past the muzzleloading views real quick it's so nice coming from the hustle and bustle of Southeast Texas around the Houston area up here I love the people and I love the culture but ever local culture as well as every larger culture has its good and bad you have to accept both I know about every third license plate you see around where I'm at here now is a Texas license plate and if you stare through the window most of the time it's a man or a couple that are my age it's like everybody in Texas that's of a mindset to get back to the country is moving to Arkansas

Well it's better seeing Texas plates then New York, Illinois or California plates on the Prius loaded with Blue state agendas moving in. Lol 😆

One thing about it here in Southwest Arkansas it's a muzzleloader's dream and a traditional Muzzleloader stream you got woods and heels to walk for a long time if that's what you're into it's a beautiful place and I'm grateful to be here as to the new laws well I'm not real happy about the current one so I'm going to just stay out all that and do my thing and in the meantime convert all I can to muzzleloading and what it can be

Straight walled during ML season makes no sense.

But if they do it, it should be black powder filled cartridges.

Go back in history a bit. Make the cartridges for .45-70, .45 Colt, .44-40, and other pre-smokeless straight walled cases.

With emphasis on not allowing brass cases at all.

So they need to be educated in the fact that a muzzy will out shoot or at is comparable to any straight wall. Just need to put some effort into load development. But I understand. It's not for everyone and every region has it's own culture. Thanks for chiming in Monkey 👍
I say muzzle loader season is for muzzle loaders period. If they deer are super over populated, then they should extend the regular season for half a week or a full week, then go to muzzy season. But this proposal is nonsense.

Well boys i belive it's all about more tag sales, an money.They done same here in Missouri ever idot with any kind handgun can go late season, ar pistol whatever kind kills the idea of muzzleloader now its alternative season!!!

They just about deleted a muzzleloader season in MI because of straight walls.
Brilliant isnt it. What part of the word muzzle loader gives anyone the impression that a straightwall cartridge fits into that. Well, I guess if I can identify as a man, women, black, white, cat, dog. Its not a long stretch.

Latest posts

Back