What the heck.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
Ma hustled me off the Walyworld this morning early to order Christmas cards and we were home about 20 minutes before the local Scheels was due to open so I dropped her and went to the mall thinking Scheels opened an hour before everything else so crowds shouldn't be too bad in there. Righto smart guy. I got a pile of gift cards for my birthday so I grabbed one hoping to get some flip-up scope caps for a Vortex Crossfire 2 X 7. The parking lot was a zoo, but when I got in the store the traffic on the main floor was so-so. Then I got up to the shooting/hunting and fishing departments and it was basically elbow to elbow everywhere. It too six or eight minutes just to worm my way to the scopes and caps only to find that the scope was sold out so there was no way to fit caps to it and the caps were sold out as well. I managed to get to the reloading area to check on smokeless powders and it was a good thing I am far sighted as getting near the powder was not going to occur very quickly so I elbowed my way to the fishing dept only to find the crowd there even worse.

By the time I got to the escalator there was line for the "down" side so I just took the steps which were amazing clear. By now there was a line for the "up" side of the escalator and the "up" stairs were packed. Damn, I was never so happy to be out of that store as I was when I got out of the stinking doors. I guess I'll write that store off until after the friggin holidays. Those crazy assed shoppers were relentless.

Ma hustled me off the Walyworld this morning early to order Christmas cards and we were home about 20 minutes before the local Scheels was due to open so I dropped her and went to the mall thinking Scheels opened an hour before everything else so crowds shouldn't be too bad in there. Righto smart guy. I got a pile of gift cards for my birthday so I grabbed one hoping to get some flip-up scope caps for a Vortex Crossfire 2 X 7. The parking lot was a zoo, but when I got in the store the traffic on the main floor was so-so. Then I got up to the shooting/hunting and fishing departments and it was basically elbow to elbow everywhere. It too six or eight minutes just to worm my way to the scopes and caps only to find that the scope was sold out so there was no way to fit caps to it and the caps were sold out as well. I managed to get to the reloading area to check on smokeless powders and it was a good thing I am far sighted as getting near the powder was not going to occur very quickly so I elbowed my way to the fishing dept only to find the crowd there even worse.

By the time I got to the escalator there was line for the "down" side so I just took the steps which were amazing clear. By now there was a line for the "up" side of the escalator and the "up" stairs were packed. Damn, I was never so happy to be out of that store as I was when I got out of the stinking doors. I guess I'll write that store off until after the friggin holidays. Those crazy assed shoppers were relentless.
Glad you survived the ordeal!

Latest posts

Back