When you can't use a rear bag.......

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For serious target shooters and competitors where no rear support is allowed other than a glove on the off hand.

https://www.creedmoorsports.com/product/nra-high-power-glove
Always check the rule book or with the match director to see if they are allowed.
Universally used to support the forearm in high powder competitions.
Commonly used in the international muzzleloader matches to support the rifle forearm when using a sling or the international rest.
Not sure about rules [if any] at friendship for in-line muzzleloaders. They should make some so there is no whining about "why can't I .............."
Probably not legal in black powder target rifle competition due to providing an "artificial support" because of the padding. Rule 3.11 in the B.P.T.R. rule book. [Available on line at NRA.org.] Now, if it's 40 degrees at the match, regular winter gloves probably would not be an issue.
Encore........maybe you and the other in-line L.R. M/L shooters should come up with some rules/guidelines. Hint, Hint. After all, you guys ARE the ones everyone else will follow. X

Always check the rule book or with the match director to see if they are allowed.
Universally used to support the forearm in high powder competitions.
Commonly used in the international muzzleloader matches to support the rifle forearm when using a sling or the international rest.
Not sure about rules [if any] at friendship for in-line muzzleloaders. They should make some so there is no whining about "why can't I .............."
Probably not legal in black powder target rifle competition due to providing an "artificial support" because of the padding. Rule 3.11 in the B.P.T.R. rule book. [Available on line at NRA.org.] Now, if it's 40 degrees at the match, regular winter gloves probably would not be an issue.
Encore........maybe you and the other in-line L.R. M/L shooters should come up with some rules/guidelines. Hint, Hint. After all, you guys ARE the ones everyone else will follow. X
A glove IS ALLOWED at Friendship, also at Atterbury.
We've been following the rules already set for the BPCR and muzzleloaders. It was suggested that because of "Modern muzzleloaders", that we could use a bipod vs the cross sticks. I'm not sure but I think it was Jeff that got these long range matches organized at Atterbury.
I'm just following the rules...... ;)

We've been following the rules already set for the BPCR and muzzleloaders. It was suggested that because of "Modern muzzleloaders", that we could use a bipod vs the cross sticks. I'm not sure but I think it was Jeff that got these long range matches organized at Atterbury.
Jeff, Hoppy, and I , together. Glove will do you no good unless you use a sling , The ones shooting Traditional Long Range Target Muzzle Loaders are allowed to use sling and Sticks

I worded it wrong, can't use a glove at Atterbury, and only cross stixs , this was done so the Match Director wouldn't have so many rules to remember

Here are the official rules directly from the NRA black powder target rifle rule book. Page 6 rule 3.11
GLOVES "gloves may be worn which do not provide artificial support. " [meaning padded].
Also.........page 38 rule 18.15 ................RESPONSIBILITY..... " it shall be the competitors responsibility: [a] "that all equipment meets all the rules and match specifications in any match in which the equipment is to be used."
[c] "that the competitor has full knowledge of the rules under which the match is fired."
Now Encore, don't get me wrong. You, 45-70, Jeff, are on the vanguard of mid-long range in-line target rifle shooting and are to be commended for it. I would really recommend that you go on-line to NRA.ORG and read the BPTR rule book. Get a cup of java and give yourself an hour or so. It's interesting and you'll learn a lot. X

Here are the official rules directly from the NRA black powder target rifle rule book. Page 6 rule 3.11
GLOVES "gloves may be worn which do not provide artificial support. " [meaning padded].
Also.........page 38 rule 18.15 ................RESPONSIBILITY..... " it shall be the competitors responsibility: [a] "that all equipment meets all the rules and match specifications in any match in which the equipment is to be used."
[c] "that the competitor has full knowledge of the rules under which the match is fired."
Now Encore, don't get me wrong. You, 45-70, Jeff, are on the vanguard of mid-long range in-line target rifle shooting and are to be commended for it. I would really recommend that you go on-line to NRA.ORG and read the BPTR rule book. Get a cup of java and give yourself an hour or so. It's interesting and you'll learn a lot. X

I understand your NRA Rules , and have shot under them. I also like your idea, but we were invited to shoot with them and they already have theirs so we agreed to keep them close to what they already have and one rule is to use Cross Sticks or you can use a sling and sticks. Long time ago the rules they have were made up through NMLRA and Oak Ridge match. You can use a shooting glove I believe with the sling

I would not be using a glove at Camp Atterbury. Unless I'm mistaken, a glove is allowed to be used at Friendship shooting the Inline Hunter match.

you can use a glove some started doing it at Friendship , but if you feel Frisky you can use a glove and sling at Atterbury

you can use a glove some started doing it at Friendship , but if you feel Frisky you can use a glove and sling at Atterbury
Yup, I was sure you could use the glove at Friendship, having seen a number of shooters using them. Thanks for confirming it.

I have enough trouble getting up and down with this knee and medical issues, let alone trying to use a glove and sling. LOL
I'd end up tangled up in everything and likely have to be cut out of it. It might be worth recording just for the laugh.

Latest posts

Back