White G series Whitetail

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outdoorsman89

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and have been a long time black powder shooter. I purchased my White G series whitetail back in the early 1990s and now seeing post threads about the breech plug conversions from #11 to either musket caps or 209 primers. Does anyone know where one could be purchased as my original breech plug is starting to give me problems. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm new to the forum and have been a long time black powder shooter. I purchased my White G series whitetail back in the early 1990s and now seeing post threads about the breech plug conversions from #11 to either musket caps or 209 primers. Does anyone know where one could be purchased as my original breech plug is starting to give me problems. Any advice would be appreciated.
I've been using #11 in both of my Whitelights with great results. I would recommend you stay with the #11 if your using loose powder, I use T7/FFF.

#11 or Musket caps both work great. I like the Musket caps like I said for my grandad it’s easier to put them on and take off in the field with just you fingers. #11 caps you might depending on your setup will need a #11 capper to put them on and some tool or knife to remove them from the nipple.

Latest posts

Back