White ultra mag

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live only a couple miles from Kenockee Trading Post who sold several Whites when they were readily available and I never see any used ones pop up around here, I guess a lot of folks just don't want to part with them. I handled a lot of them in their shop but never broke down and bought one, silly me.

Re: RE: Re: White ultra mag

Idaholewis said:
shguns said:
Sweet!
I don't know where you guys find these like new White muzzleloader, I don't think they ever show up where I am :(

I live right beside ya, I have never seen or heard of White Muzzleloader anywhere around here? A Friend/forum member here lives on the Wa Coast and he has 1, I don’t think they were real popular here in Northern Idaho? I keep thinking i will run in to a nice Old Stainless MK-85 Knight, But i haven’t seen one in 3 years of Pawn Shopping, news papers, and asking folks around here. The Old TC Sidelocks are quite common in these parts, see lots of them
There's a nice mk-85 ss thumbhole on gun broker

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

muzzlestuffer said:
Idaholewis said:
shguns said:
Sweet!
I don't know where you guys find these like new White muzzleloader, I don't think they ever show up where I am :(

I live right beside ya, I have never seen or heard of White Muzzleloader anywhere around here? A Friend/forum member here lives on the Wa Coast and he has 1, I don’t think they were real popular here in Northern Idaho? I keep thinking i will run in to a nice Old Stainless MK-85 Knight, But i haven’t seen one in 3 years of Pawn Shopping, news papers, and asking folks around here. The Old TC Sidelocks are quite common in these parts, see lots of them

I’ve seen the darn thing! LOL, i am a Gunbroker Regular, i check it along with all the others pretty much daily. I just haven’t decided to take the plunge on an inline. The MK-85 is actually the only inline That really grabs my interest, Just the cool factor of it being an iconic old gun that was really ahead of it’s time, And set the Bar HIGH for others! Here in Idaho with our Rules on Muzzleloader only hunts, I don’t see ANY advantages in an inline over my fast twist Sidelocks? I figure One day I’ll stumble across a Nice Stainless MK that’s to cheap to pass up! :D I’ve found some AMAZING deals around here! I’m in no hurry

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: White ultra mag

Idaholewis said:
muzzlestuffer said:
Idaholewis said:

I’ve seen the darn thing! LOL, i am a Gunbroker Regular, i check it along with all the others pretty much daily. I just haven’t decided to take the plunge on an inline. The MK-85 is actually the only inline That really grabs my interest, Just the cool factor of it being an iconic old gun that was really ahead of it’s time, And set the Bar HIGH for others! Here in Idaho with our Rules on Muzzleloader only hunts, I don’t see ANY advantages in an inline over my fast twist Sidelocks? I figure One day I’ll stumble across a Nice Stainless MK that’s to cheap to pass up! :D I’ve found some AMAZING deals around here! I’m in no hurry
Trust me I love my side locks just as much I just like the challenge of rebuilding the whites but then I can't get rid of them get too attached and besides nobody wants to pay what their really worth!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: White ultra mag

muzzlestuffer said:
muzzlestuffer said:
nocomike said:
A rare find, indeed! My M97's shoot great with the shorter tubes- I can imagine what a few extra inches of barrel will do for accuracy, especially at longer ranges. Let us know...
Just shot it at the range I didn't do any work on gun I just wanted to shoot it stock brand new. The trigger pretty bad lots of creep and barrel not floated I will post pics in a little while. Anyway got her home and did the trigger job but will work on stock when I start feeling better from the flu. I really had planned on selling it but not sure I can ? I will probably order up a thumbhole stock for it.

Here's my target pretty windy here today 15-25 mph winds but a good start I had to force myself to go as I have the flu but wanted to just try it real quick !

I never realized how much wads and flash holes make such a big difference in accuracy look at this third shot difference without the wad. I plan on doing some more testing related to these issues.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: White ultra mag

muzzlestuffer said:
muzzlestuffer said:
muzzlestuffer said:
Just shot it at the range I didn't do any work on gun I just wanted to shoot it stock brand new. The trigger pretty bad lots of creep and barrel not floated I will post pics in a little while. Anyway got her home and did the trigger job but will work on stock when I start feeling better from the flu. I really had planned on selling it but not sure I can ? I will probably order up a thumbhole stock for it.

Here's my target pretty windy here today 15-25 mph winds but a good start I had to force myself to go as I have the flu but wanted to just try it real quick !

I never realized how much wads and flash holes make such a big difference in accuracy look at this third shot difference without the wad. I plan on doing some more testing related to these issues.

I guess pics didn't go thru
1eeae0931767e5622bf48fcbff095bb4.jpg

toytruck said:
I can see it..looks good to me!! Maybe 1" adjustment up an your good. :yeah:
I'm trying different bullet and load combos I shot some 600 grainers on Sunday I'll post pics asap great groups with them

Latest posts

Back