With a 40moa rail

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive no idea why i thought it, but i always assumed you were shooting much faster than that. Like 2500+. Looking at this, that bullet doesn't lose as much speed as i thought it would in 1k yards.

Ive no idea why i thought it, but i always assumed you were shooting much faster than that. Like 2500+. Looking at this, that bullet doesn't lose as much speed as i thought it would in 1k yards.
The load is the maximum allowable of BH in the matches. I can get to 2500fps :)
I see the surgeon on Wednesday and my first question to him will be: Can I shoot? ;)

The load is the maximum allowable of BH in the matches. I can get to 2500fps :)
I see the surgeon on Wednesday and my first question to him will be: Can I shoot? ;)
Looks like that bullet goes subsonic between 700 and 800 yds.
It's kind of funny that my black powder ctg. bullets go subsonic at about 200 yds. +-
The speed of sound is dependant on the temperature but is approximately 1125 FPS at 68 degrees F.
Encore.......what is the approximate wind deflection of your bullet for a 5 and 10 MPH full value wind?
Will your program figure that out? I'm curious. X

Looks like that bullet goes subsonic between 700 and 800 yds.
It's kind of funny that my black powder ctg. bullets go subsonic at about 200 yds. +-
The speed of sound is dependant on the temperature but is approximately 1125 FPS at 68 degrees F.
Encore.......what is the approximate wind deflection of your bullet for a 5 and 10 MPH full value wind?
Will your program figure that out? I'm curious. X
Yes, the program will give you an approximate.

Zero wind at 1,000yds. Note spin drift.

1666708498861.png

5mph wind

1666708732038.png

10mph wind

1666708854727.png

Yes, the program will give you an approximate.

Zero wind at 1,000yds. Note spin drift.

View attachment 24130

5mph wind

View attachment 24131

10mph wind

View attachment 24132
Am I reading your chart correctly? 7.6 MOA deflection at 5 MPH and 14.1 MOA at 10 MPH at 1000 yards. I didn't expect so much. Believe it or not, the general wind deflection formula [for BP CTG ] I use from 800 to 1000 yards for a full value wind is a "mile a minute" which doesn't seem that far off from your chart. A really funny thing is my BPC bullets start out at around 1300 FPS muzzle velocity. Yours have just SLOWED DOWN to that at 600 yds! Interesting. X

Latest posts

Back