Wolfhound / Loshbough Hunt in Print

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I'd mentioned that my hog hunting write-up was accepted for publication a while back as a feature article by Black Powder Hunting Magazine: http://www.barrettwebs.com/ibha/ .

The original submitted article was 4300 words or so, and after editing layout was trimmed to 2900 - 3000 words. The staff of BP Hunting was given a goodly potion of pictures to choose from, and they did the picking-- not me.

As it turns out, the editors found that Super 91, Grouse, and Ed Mehlig were extremely photogenic :!: :shock: Multiple glossy full-color photos of these three Amigos are about to be unleashed across an unsuspecting planet.

Fourteen pics were staff selected, and they wanted proper captions for all of them today to finish the full layout of the entire article by this afternoon. They got them.

It wasn't easy for me to get all the names right without a lot of checking, but who could ever forget guys like Chuck Pill, Phil Bowers, Scott Shindig, Joe Smithie, Tim Drexsler, Jimmy-John-John D. Gilley, Fred Mayleg, Terrell Binks, Dave Ogrodrod, Craigg Shoals, Don Stratten, and Fat Allen.

I know I never could. :roll: Glad it is all finally carved in stone.

COOL, Randy some day in the near future I can see you having a job as a Muzzleloading Editor in some BP/Smokless magazine.

Personally I can see why they would why they would select Bob Bowers and myself as being so photogenic especially with us displaying our WHITE's, but Grouse?? I'm still trying to figure that one out! :lol: :lol:

Ed

edmehlig said:
COOLPersonally I can see why they would why they would select Bob Bowers and myself as being so photogenic especially with us displaying our WHITE's,

As it turns out-- Whites are very well represented in the pictures selected. Super 91's animal magnetism must be the reason, but you just wait-- more full color Super 91 under one cover than has ever happened before. :shock:

RandyWakeman said:
edmehlig said:
COOLPersonally I can see why they would why they would select Bob Bowers and myself as being so photogenic especially with us displaying our WHITE's,

As it turns out-- Whites are very well represented in the pictures selected. Super 91's animal magnetism must be the reason, but you just wait-- more full color Super 91 under one cover than has ever happened before. :shock:

Boy, I can't wait till the royalties start rolling in!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :cry:

Boy, I can't wait till the royalties start rolling in!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :cry:

More likely, Bob-- you will go broke buying all those copies for yourself because different pictures of you are all over the place.

Then, the carpal tunnel from signing autographs constantly, etc. It won't be easy for you. :shock:

Loggy said:
:D Great news Randy! I will have to secure a copy.

You are of course mentioned Loggy-- I have not seen the final cut yet, so I don't know how many times. :roll:

good to hear the news Randy. Can't wait to get a copy. :)

Unless somebody else popped a pig with an Austin & Halleck and a 375 gr. SSB, that seems to be you in living color as well. 8)

Now, if Super 91 would just quit calling the magazine trying to be the centerfold, they could get it out quicker. Not that type of publication, Bob.

And they didn't use THAT picture. :?

edmehlig said:
COOL, Randy some day in the near future I can see you having a job as a Muzzleloading Editor in some BP/Smokless magazine.

Personally I can see why they would why they would select Bob Bowers and myself as being so photogenic especially with us displaying our WHITE's, but Grouse?? I'm still trying to figure that one out! :lol: :lol:

Ed

:lol: :lol: Dont forget who took all the pictures of you two running around looking for your Pigs. :shock: :p :D

RandyWakeman said:
Now, if Super 91 would just quit calling the magazine trying to be the centerfold, they could get it out quicker. Not that type of publication, Bob.

And they didn't use THAT picture. :?

Dang it!!!!!! And that was my BEST side too!!! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! My dailing finger still hurts with that blister on it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Super 91's animal magnetism must be the reason, but you just wait-- more full color Super 91 under one cover than has ever happened before.

Now, if Super 91 would just quit calling the magazine trying to be the centerfold, they could get it out quicker.

Man, I knew Bob had a reputation that we all admired for his work under the covers, but Centerfold. Bob you are the MAN!! Are you going to be allowed to bring that magazine in the house, or are you going to leave it in the office?? :lol: :lol:

Ed

Blackpowder Hunting is a quality magazine, Wolfhound's favorite as a matter of fact.

So, beyond the goofing around-- it well worth a look for any muzzleloading enthusiast.

That why I added the link: http://www.barrettwebs.com/ibha/

Other magazines use VERY similar names-- but are owned by ML importers themselves, the bias is inherent.

Just placed 2 Years Subscription via WEB link listed. Looks like a fine publication.

Thanks for info & link.

RandyWakeman said:
Blackpowder Hunting is a quality magazine, Wolfhound's favorite as a matter of fact.

So, beyond the goofing around-- it well worth a look for any muzzleloading enthusiast.

That why I added the link: http://www.barrettwebs.com/ibha/

Other magazines use VERY similar names-- but are owned by ML importers themselves, the bias is inherent.

Indeed. I get 2 hunting magazines. One is Blackpowder Hunting and the other is American Hunter. The only magazine I recommend is Blackpowder Hunting. I could care less which NRA magazine I get since I feel it's important to be a member.

big6x6 said:
I just ordered a subscription myself! :D

Cool... I did about a month ago when the story was first submitted. I like the mag... it is a good read. I feared it would be very "traditionalist" But I found my first issue to be very well rounded.

Doohan said:
I feared it would be very "traditionalist" But I found my first issue to be very well rounded.

That's the biggest reason I like it.

Latest posts

Back