Mountaineer .32 conversion out for trials

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had some time today, and its getting cooler, so I got to spend some range time with the Knight .32 cal conversion. I got some BH209 and have been wanting to try it in the .32. I eneded up swabbing about every 25 shots or so. Tried a few 20 grn then went to 25 I think it tightened up a bit.. gonna need a bit more tinkering. here it is now
d231b352-2b9e-4ced-8fed-1027a99ae6db_zpsb2c4a3f7.jpg

heres the last target today..forgot the camera, so only have aftershots from back home, some scope adj on first 2, then pretty much load and shoot. didnt even swab for all 5 targets
targets were shot L-R top row, then L-R bottom and center last
DSC00434_zps93029dfe.jpg

that was at about a good 40 yards so almost far for a .32 in any kind of breeze. very slight wind from the right away today.
7 shots first 3, then 5 shot groups last 2
That was all .315 self cast roundball, and a .010 factory patch. I think Ill tinker with Patch/lube's next time out and try to tune it up
But Im pretty happy with the last 2 targets. It was a fun day at any rate :D

Wow.. that thing really shoots well. It would make a good squirrel rifle.

:shock: That rifle is coming on Sweet! That is impressive for its first outing. I was also very curious how it would work with PRB and BH209. That last target tells me that there are a lot of head shots in its future!

There is only one thing I see bad about it. NOW I WANT ONE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back