Knights & sabotless Lehigh/Bloodlines in the Rock Pit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabotloader

Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast
Supporting member
Reaction score
some may wish to ignore - please feel free

Actually this is more of an open note to Lehigh Dave to tell and show him his current production run of the Bloodline .500x325 is a perfect candidate for me to shoot sabotless in most of my 50 cal rifles - WITHOUT further knurling - AWESOME!

As it turns out - the bullet works perfectly in both of my ULites, a DISC Extreme and DISC Elite and two TC's. It is just a bit to small for the Mountaineer and a little small for the White. To shot is in the Mountaineer I would only need to very slightly knurl it and in the White - I would have run it across the general purpose files about 3 revolutions.

But look Dave I am NOT defacing/destroying the looks of your golden bullest anymore to load it.

Just set it on top of the sub-base and push the works home!

I miced the bullet on my very inexpensive mic and came with the ogive being .500 and the factory knurling adding 1 to 1.5 thou more.

I have been impressed with the shoot-ability of this bullet since I first got them from Knight last year. They really are accurate for me. If you remember the target I shot on Friday they were awesome, other than my screw-up on the first shot.

Today was just a quick run to the rock pit to check my finding with the micrometer. Will the bullets, without added knurling, in fact load tight enough to hold in place and tight enough to ride the bore and achieve stabilization.

You can see the bullets I shot yesterday were slightly knurled between files.

I really do not like shooting at the rock pit any longer because it is such a mess. But at this time is the year as hot and dry as it is - it is a very safe place to shoot - hard to burn Balsalt rock. We shooters are really shooting ourselves in the foot there. Bringing in trash to shoot then leaving it. NON-BIODEGRADEABLE shooting glass bottles even plastic bottles and lots of beer cans... I know the Forest Service wants to lock it up - they can not afford to keep it clean.

So any way I set up my usual setup of Bio-degradable clay birds and began my shooting.

The shoot, albeit, be it abrupt went right as planned - 1 shoot 1 bird. Then I could pick out two other bird chips in the rubble and feeling really confident I went after them also. It does seem a bit stupid to drive 20 miles to shoot 8 bullets - but it is enjoyable and I did get to see a Moose and nice whitetail buck!

So it is my conclusion this Knight and those Lehigh/Bloodlines are made for each other.

Nice! Those are looking very promising. I assume that since those are "Bloodlines" that they are only available from Knight, and only come with Sabots? I am wondering how that combo would work in my KRB7. I tried the knurling and did not really do to good with it but gave up on it pretty quick too.

Great! :D
I'd buy those. I have 2 Knight DISC Extremes, one made about 2004/2005 and one made about the end of 2012 or early 2013, these should work in at least one of them! Are they available now?

shguns said:
Great! :D
I'd buy those. I have 2 Knight DISC Extremes, one made about 2004/2005 and one made about the end of 2012 or early 2013, these should work in at least one of them! Are they available now?

These are available from Knight - well I think they have them although they could be out... Might have better luck finding them at on-line place + less shipping costs.

Back