Custom Omega is done

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1874sharpsshooter

Reaction score
I think it looks really nice, i can hardly wait to see it in person . He wants to try it out at the nmlra competition this Saturday then ship it to me on Monday

Omega action
Boyds custom stock
45 cal. Douglas 1:18 barrel
Vortek 6.5x20 mildot scope
Burris +20 moa rings and base

It's a Boyd's stock, yes? Any word on how much work was involved in getting it to fit the barrel? I've heard some drop right in and other require a bit of inletting.

1874's omega is a complete custom only part of omega used is trigger assy.
Mount/recoil lug is a custom part that only uses mount hole location as original and barrel is full bull 1.100. . So stock gets alot of work . Usually bout 10 hrs of work to clearance everything then install pillars and bedding and dress up after bedding sets.

Its Pretty good for rams and pigs but its not much of a turkey gun :mrgreen: now the hard part ,waiting for the big brown truck .

Your coyote rifle will handle turkey also. Just the trigger man was chicken.

Bestill it looks better than Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1874 you have one fine Rifle, I competed against it Saturday.

fivebull said:
Bestill it looks better than Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1874 you have one fine Rifle, I competed against it Saturday.
Thanks I am looking forward to shooting it , i think , maybe .
If i am not to scared to pull the trigger :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back