1st doe of 2012

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipshot

Reaction score
here is a link for a picture ofmy first doe of 2012. I got her on Friday morning using my Traditions Yukon drop-breech rifle. It has Tru-glo fiber optic ghost ring sights and a 24 in. barrel. I was using a Hornady 300 gr.XTP over 90 grains of T-7 ffg loose powder and a Harvester black crush rib sabot. She came out of a thicket into a cleared shooting lane and was moving at a trot. She approx.20 yardds and dropped. The XTP did a comlete pass-thru so I could not recover.

Jim

http://s1303.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... 0182745204

2012doe1.jpg

That is a real nice fat looking doe. Congratulations on the harvest. I use a Remington Genesis which is about the same thing as your Yukon. They are a good shooting rifle.

Thanks much. I found that this gun likes the 300 grain bullets better than the 250's. I also like the ghost ring/peep sight for thick cover. I can acquire the target quickly with them.

My Genesis is stainless steel. It shoots best with around 100 grains of powder. In fact the best group I ever shot was with the Genesis. Three shots that were .475 shooting a .452 Barnes Expander 250 grain bullet. I seldom if ever shoot that good.

My rifle has a Nikon Omega 3-9x40mm scope on it. Its a real beauty.

Genesis030.jpg

Genesis010.jpg

That is a bullet I am really liking a lot. Its a Harvester 260 grain PT Scorpion. It seems to fly nice. But I have not taken any game with it.

Latest posts

Back