2 muzzleloaders to the range

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for your post.
And I have found my next project for shooting, Now I have a good reason to go to the range next week, and the wife can go see her mother, Oh darn.:cheers:

Dave

Dave, I just got an MR nitride.  Are the Accura's bores bigger needing the red crush rib or is it just your gun in particular?  Getting ready to purchase some items for a range session and wanting your advice. Shooting SST's for the range and Barnes 250 for hunting.  With the Barnes being a .451 like the PT Gold, is the red CR the way to go?

Tony, I have 2 of the MR'S, both are SS, my older one has a .500 barrel, and the newer MR LE has the .501 barrel along with the NEW Optima that has the Nitride coating. I have used the supplied Red sabots from Hornady, but I like the feel and how the Harvester easy load black smooth sabots work, I use mainly the Harvester smooth sabots unless I will be shooting the 458"s then I use the MMP. 
The reason I was using the RED CR sabots 260 PT Golds was, the last time out with them, the first 1 shot great,then the other were all over, In other guns I have had no problem with them, so I knew I could do better, and after I switch sabots it seem to help. The 300's I used both sabots and they both shot great. The Barnes I like the Black smooth sabots. 
What I was trying to show, if you like a bullet and you are having a problem grouping with it, try a couple of different sabots.

Dave

Back