2006 Shot Show

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwhunter

Reaction score
Wonder what kind of surprises are instore at the 06 Shot Show? Anybody know anything?

I'll know a lot more after I get back-- hopefully. If not, I'll wonder why I went.

Last year, I found the Knight Vision and the A&H lever action to be the most interesting "new for 2005" models. Neither have shipped yet that I know of, so maybe they will be more fascinating in 2006 when they can actually be fired :?:

Randy.....what about the Kight "Long Range"? Will it be there? Is that thing for real?

AFAIK, that one is done-- and ready to ship right now.

I have no doubt it will be a tack-driver; it finally adds what Knight has dismissed as not necessary for years-- dual recoil lugs.

It should make Knight's next "World Manufacturer's Championship" NMLRA win pretty easy for them-- last year, they did it with Revolutions. :?

Randy I think I've heard you say that nothing new is instore for Savage this year, right or wrong?

There is a LOT in store for Savage this year, but no changes to the 10ML-II that I am aware of until at least 2007.

No, Sir. A quick look at the firearms industry shows that even a 2005 announcement for 2005 does not mean it will happen in 2005, or at all.

dwhunter said:
So any insight in what they might do in 07? :drool:

HOPEFULLY...eliminate the vent liner altogether, a dedicated bolt-stop instead of using the rear action screw, and maybe a recoil pad? :yeah:

big6x6 said:
dwhunter said:
So any insight in what they might do in 07? :drool:

HOPEFULLY...eliminate the vent liner altogether, a dedicated bolt-stop instead of using the rear action screw, and maybe a recoil pad? :yeah:

I like your way of thinking! :wink:

I was impressed by the American Classic when I saw it, moreso after I bought one. Now, we have the "Classic" and "Euro Classic," so I'd love to see the 10ML-II get the same treatment, plus a thumbhole for Wolfhound.

93r17BTVS.jpg

They already introduced a neat new coyote killer for Wolfhound-- now, if they just did it in a muzzleloader for him.

That and with a thumbhole for a lefty (Me) would be most helpful.

RandyWakeman said:
I was impressed by the American Classic when I saw it, moreso after I bought one. Now, we have the "Classic" and "Euro Classic," so I'd love to see the 10ML-II get the same treatment, plus a thumbhole for Wolfhound.

I was real impressed with that American Classic also, enough so that I plan on buying one this next year.

Back