200g SST WOW--I'm A Believer @@ Warning-Graphic Pics! @@

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lane

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
After all the positive reports on the 200g ShockWave/SST, I worked up a load for my 45cal Disc Elite. Got it going about 1900fps, sighted in at 120yards dead on.

Went out today and saw THE biggest Doe ever :shock: Turned out to be a Buck that had dropped its antlers :x Anyways IT was walking with a slight limp at about 150yards thru some tall grass/field type groth. I was in a 15ft ladder stand, and then I stepped up onto the seat to get a better look/angle. Aimed dead on behind the shoulder, and let fly!

WhooWee! That huge buck went 2 steps and DRT :D 8) Got down and got to him and discovered she was a HE :? :lol: Got the knife out and found both lungs jellified. Nicked a rib going in, and broke one going out 8)

When I got him home, I discovered a fractured and infected(puss filled) hoof was the cause of the slight limp :( ---Yuck)

Turns out to be about 250lbs, biggest deer I've ever shot :shock: :D 8)

Thank You Jesus!

Following pics are in my messy garage....I promised the wife to clean it this Spring :shock: :D :wink: 8)

SST comming in:

IMG_0338.jpg

And Going OUT:

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

Fractured Hoof-Front Right Leg

IMG_0349.jpg

Way to go Lane!
It seems like we've been hearing about more deer dropping their antlers than usual this year - Maybe something in the water?

Congrats on the big guy.

You know I am really glad there are hunters out there like you, Lane. You see a wounded animal and have no problem putting him out of his misery. I did the same thing last year with a gut-shot 4 pointer. Someone else wounded him, and I finished him off. Great work and great deer!

What was the powder charge for your .45 Elite? Im still on the fence about these as I cannot seem to get them shooting consistently out of my .50 Elite. Congratulations.

MQ32shooter said:
What was the powder charge for your .45 Elite? Im still on the fence about these as I cannot seem to get them shooting consistently out of my .50 Elite. Congratulations.

Well, the 45cal developes more pressure and speed with less powder. I was shooting the equivalent to about 90g of Pinnacle 3fg.

With your 50cal about 100g should get you that speed. I'm sure you can push them even faster with good results as well.

However, I know the sabot for the 200g Shockwave in 50cal is very thick and really hard to load in many Muzzleloaders :?

Nice going.. that bullet really did a job on that deer.. Congratulations and good shooting.

Latest posts

Back