2013 New Mexico Bull tag - unit 15 1st ML season

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncob

Reaction score
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than smart. I got pulled 2 years in a row for bull MZ hunting in NM. This year I made it to prime time - first season Oct 12 - 16. Sweet dreams now for about 6 months. I think I'll take a nap.
Cob

Corncob said:
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than smart. I got pulled 2 years in a row for bull MZ hunting in NM. This year I made it to prime time - first season Oct 12 - 16. Sweet dreams now for about 6 months. I think I'll take a nap.
Cob

Sometimes it really is better to be lucky than smarter!!! Good - no GREAT draw - best of luck

Congrats on the primo tag! Are you going with an outfitter or a DIY? If DIY you got super lucky on getting that tag. That was my first choice in the regular draw. But unfortunately my elk draw turned up the dreaded UNSUCCESSFUL. Hope we get some precipitation this year. The Gila/Apache is very, very, dry right now.

Congrats on your successful draw, out here in Oregon we still have month to wait until they post the results. Maybe you can send some of your luck this way!!!

:partyman:

CONGRATS on getting your tags and I hope you have a chance to fill them. :drinkers:

Ray............ :wink:

That is awesome. I am in Oregon as well and hoping for a successful draw... another month
Enjoy your nap and those sweet dreams.
Good Luck and Good Hunting

Sorry guys, I kind of dropped out for a while. Sabotloader, I just noticed we joined the forum 8 years ago and a day apart. AJ, I worked with an outfitter, but at that it's about a 9% chance. My buddy got pulled for unit 13 so he'll be leaving a little earlier in the mornings than me. The weather has not been favorable for shooting much this spring. I'll shoot a bunch before I go though.
Best regards from the cob pile
Gregg

Corncob said:
Sorry guys, I kind of dropped out for a while. Sabotloader, I just noticed we joined the forum 8 years ago and a day apart. AJ, I worked with an outfitter, but at that it's about a 9% chance. My buddy got pulled for unit 13 so he'll be leaving a little earlier in the mornings than me. The weather has not been favorable for shooting much this spring. I'll shoot a bunch before I go though.
Best regards from the cob pile
Gregg

No matter on the % - go give them a good go!!! A harvest is important but there are a lot of fulfilling experiences in the effort...

Actually, it's one of New Mexico's premier units for big elk. The percentage was for getting drawn to get a tag. This hunt has been my #1 choice for the past 4 years. Maybe someday I will get it. :prayer:

Latest posts

Back