2022 CO Muzzleloader Antelope Buck Success

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyboy*

Reaction score
I'm Very Fortunate & Blessed. I had Practiced quite a bit with Iron Sights on my 200 Yard Antelope Swinger Target. After Several Unsuccessful Attempts of Stalking behind my Big Red Cow Decoy in 85* Heat & High Winds I was Finally able to connect on a Decent Colorado Antelope Buck🥩at 211 Yards. This Buck had an Incredible (34) Does with him on Saturday. I'm Not sure what the Count was down to when I shot him on Monday but when he went down (3) Bucks Immediately Charged in to become the "New King of the Harem."
Prairie Rifle used:
Bestill .40 Caliber Savage 10ML-II
22" Lg Rock Creek .401" / .408" 8L 1:13.2 Twist Barrel with Radial Muzzle Brake
ASG 209 Breech Plug with .030" Orifice Bushing
Williams WGRS Rear Peep Sight with Merit Adjustable Aperture (Makes All the Difference)
Lyman 17A Front Globe
105 Grs BH 209 by Weight
.411" Barnes 300 Gr TSX Annealed & Full Form Sized
Federal 209A Primer
2,250 fps

Last edited:
goatgong.jpg

billyboygoat.jpg

I'm Very Fortunate & Blessed. I had Practiced quite a bit with Iron Sights on my 200 Yard Antelope Swinger Target. After Several Unsuccessful Attempts of Stalking behind my Big Red Cow Decoy in 85* Heat & High Winds I was Finally able to connect on a Decent Colorado Antelope Buck🥩at 211 Yards. This Buck had an Incredible (34) Does with him on Saturday. I'm Not sure what the Count was down to when I shot him on Monday but when he went down (3) Bucks Immediately Charged in to become the "New King of the Harem."
Prairie Rifle used:
Bestill .40 Caliber Savage 10ML-II
22" Lg Rock Creek .401" / .408" 8L 1:13.2 Twist Barrel with Radial Muzzle Brake
ASG 209 Breech Plug with .030" Orifice Bushing
Williams WGRS Rear Peep Sight with Merit Adjustable Aperture (Makes All the Difference)
Lyman 17A Front Globe
105 Grs BH 209 by Weight
.411" Barnes 300 Gr TSX Full Form Sized
Federal 209A Primer
2,250 fps
Congrats on a successful hunt & a great shot.

Back