28th Amendment ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
There is nothing i hate worse than politics on this forum, but this is worth noting, i think. Please try not to respond with political opinions about one party or politician or another.

I got a text message from someone asking me to sign a petition for a 28th amendment to The Constitution, about gun control. One specific is a civilian ban on “assault weapons”. Look into it and reach out to your senator and congressman and let them know how you want them to respond(against it, i hope).
Sorry admins i had to mention it.

This is from the governor of California and it would require 33 other states to ratify it before it went to congress where it would require a 2/3s majority vote...

Nope we can’t. We can light up our reps and tell them what we want them to do about it. I think too many vocalize in social media but dont get in touch with the elected officials.
Won't happen with my two so called representatives... I've tried! Just get the standard "thanks for contacting me" BS! Then they do what they want.
About as much chance as Congress voting themselves to limited terms.

Not going political at all on this. They're claiming all of the lives it will save. Why not enact common sense laws and a waiting period as they call them against fentanyl,cocaine heroin,cigarettes chewing tobacco and alcohol. Any one of these kill more people daily than firearms. Laws don't stop criminals waiting periods don't either. We all know mass murders will be comitted regardless its a cultural problem. A systemic failure of our education system , parents,communities and most of all the fact that criminals go unpunished for crimes again and again. Children are being raised as nothing is their fault, there's no consequences for doing wrong,trophies for losing etc etc.

Sorry for the long post but I'm so over people blaming and punishing innocent people who want to keep their God given rights.

I don’t understand your political system well. How can an amendment go forward that directly contradicts an existing one? Wouldn’t they have to negate the 2nd amendment for this to go through?
If your right to bear arms shall not be infringed I think there’s a pretty clear argument to make that this would do just that.

We all need to write call educate anyone and everyone we can on these issues. Talk to.your local district attorney go to city coucil meetings. Teach youngsters to handle firearms and be safe. You'd be amazed at how many mothers single or otherwise would love to have someone help teach there kids. How many of us can spare a few hrs a week to be a big brother or sister to a needy child. I volunteer for everything i can involving youth. That one connection we make that one extra hunter or fisherman in this world is one step closer to keeping our rights. Talk to yiur game wardens your cop buddy they know these needy families, even if you just give them a bag of deer burger to give them or they take you to do it. Every postive connection they have involving the shooting sports is a step in the right direction. Laws won't fix this problem but we can and it starts in our own backyard.

I don’t understand your political system well. How can an amendment go forward that directly contradicts an existing one? Wouldn’t they have to negate the 2nd amendment for this to go through?
If your right to bear arms shall not be infringed I think there’s a pretty clear argument to make that this would do just that.
They will push everything down our throats legal or otherwise. Yes we fight it out in court yes it would probably be ruled unconstitutional. But this guy is doing this as a political stunt he plans on running for president this will make him a household name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back