3 hours, 3 deer, 3 rifles

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
We created a lifetime memory today for a young man who did something I wish I could have done at his age - or even now at my age! My hunting buddy wanted to take a family friend's (single Mother) son ML hunting. The teen has never harvested a deer -I don't think- and certainly never with a ML. The teen's did have a new ML but did not have a scope and we were hunting over fields, so we decided to let him go with my friend and if one came close -within 50 he could use his gun, if not use my friends scoped Omega.
I was in a different field by myself.
Opening day ML season in TN. I heard some shots and a few close and thought at least one came from their direction. Then my opportunity came quickly in an opening at 130 yards, then in a few minutes I texted them "doe down, field dressed and I'm back up in my stand, come pick me up when your done shooting".
Sure enough when they came he said he had shot two and was very excited. Shot one with his gun at 40 yds, then about an hour later shot one about 90 yards with the Omega. While we were in the field about to load my deer into the truck, he whispered to us, their is a deer way over there at the edge of the woods. My buddy said, 'shoot it" (you can shoot 4 does during this area's TN ML season) he replied "I can't shoot that far". I checked the turret setting, handed him my Knight and said hold dead on -"Boom".
Then I stated, you just shot 3 deer in 3 hours with 3 different MuzzleLoaders! Trifecta!!
Congrats Will.

Attachments

• Will 3 doe.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 962
That is a memory all of you will carry with you all your lives. You guys are fantastic!! You made one young man very happy and probably a life long muzzleloader hunter.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

I tip my hat to you sir........Not only did you make his day, he has a memory and a story that he'll retell 1000 times. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Ray........... :yeah:

Very Cool! That will definitely be a story for him to tell for a long time. :partyman: Hats off to the 2 of you for making that one happen for him! :prayer: :goodman:

Congratulations, Memories like that last a lifetime. Hopefully he will become an avid muzzleloader fan for life.

You two guys did a great thing. That kid will remenber that day for the rest of his life and his grand kids will be telling that story. :prayer: We need more stuff like this now days.

Very cool! Looks like we got another one hooked on muzzleloading!

Congrats!! Wow!! I'm getting tired just thinking of working all that meat up. Hope there is a game processor close or do youall chip in on that chore as well? :yeah:

Took us about 2 hours to debone the 3 deer, along with showing the youngster how to do things. Took home in cooler and cut/ground the next evening for about 2 hours. This was nothing compared to the 9 we shot a few years ago when we took all the kids..

Attachments

• Mabry 2011 group .jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 827
What an awesome hunt!!! Makes my heart warm just thinking about it-well done! :yeah: :applause: :applause:

Back