.401-.402 Lead Bullet Casting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Figure i would throw this out here. I am building a .40 cal kit rifle n looking for those who cast the size bullets in my Title. I would buy some small amount in various weights to try later this year. I don't want to invest in a mold until i see what weight n powder charge gives me promise out at least to the 75 yard mark

I have a mold that cast 240 gr bullets
they are meant to be powder coated though
I have some made up and coated I think they are sized to .401-.4015 some where in that general area
I have only shot 1 out of my 40 with 130 gr of Blackhawk shot to point of aim at 100 yards but haven't had a chance to group them yet

I have a mold that cast 240 gr bullets
they are meant to be powder coated though
I have some made up and coated I think they are sized to .401-.4015 some where in that general area
I have only shot 1 out of my 40 with 130 gr of Blackhawk shot to point of aim at 100 yards but haven't had a chance to group them yet
I am going to learn sumpin here. What is Blawkhawk ? Powder of some sort ? If you get some ahead in your casting n powder coating i would be interested in buying a sample pack

Sorry its Blackhorn 209
send me your address and 10.00 I will send you a few
Private message if you can

Sorry its Blackhorn 209
send me your address and 10.00 I will send you a few
Private message if you can
with them being powder coated there is no need for lube
I just use a over powder card or wad and don't know if that is necessary

these are also cast from wheel weights and sized to the dimensions previously mentioned
I cast them from a harder alloy because I intend to hit them rather hard in the velocity dept.
they fit my bore very well without needing a gorilla to seat them

these are also cast from wheel weights and sized to the dimensions previously mentioned
I cast them from a harder alloy because I intend to hit them rather hard in the velocity dept.
they fit my bore very well without needing a gorilla to seat them
I had read your post the other day but i was in demand to help my Mrs. in her chores n never got back here. Wll there ain't but one way to find out how they shoot n thats to try them once i get my rifle put together. spect that will be another 3-4 months

Back