.405 Winchester Brass

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark1945

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea where I can locate some 405 Winchester brass . Every place I have looked is out of stock. I have found some loaded ammo but thats as a last resort I havent shot any factory ammo in many years and dont want to pay that much anyway.

Have you tried Buffaloe Arms?? Push come to shove you can make it out of 303 Britt or 30-40 Krag

Buffalo doesnt have it . Making it from 303 or 30/40 you end up with a short case and very thin neck . Im not out but just trying to get some extra, I can buy 405 basic cases that are way to long and have to be cut way back ,but they are almost twice the price of Hornady factory loads. I will probably just buy a few boxes of Hornady to build up my supply.

I gave up and found a few boxes of Hornady ammo for a decent price ,will just have to shoot it so I can get some brass to reload . Hunted for a couple of months to even find loaded ammo .

Been there, done that. Sometimes there's just no real choice.

Ive tried castboolits and several reloading groups on mewe found some ammo on mewe but it was all collectors stuff way to pricy to shoot .It was like 200.00 for a box of 20. Im good now with what I bought and what already had Im right at 100 rounds so thats plenty to last me for along time.

Latest posts

Back