.44 round ball patches and bore butter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinky

Reaction score
I live in the Phoenix area and went to bass pro to find some patches for my revolvers, they don't carry much anymore. went to some gun shops in the valley here and was told they don't carry muzzle loading supplies, yet they had a shelf full of .44 cal round balls. Tried to order from Cabelas, they rejected my credit card, no one else ever has.
  Doe anyone know where a guy can order what he needs online? I've tried several places, they don't carry the patches I use. Mine are the same diameter as the barrel and don't wrap around the balls. I can't find any. Will appreciate any help.

Brian

Oooh you mean the wonder wads.

www.trackofthewolf.com will have everything you could possibly need.

I finally got in at Cabelas and ordered what I need. I appreciate the help guys, now I have several places to get what I need. :D

az shooter

I asked questions about patches for round ball .44's. I don't shoot in the Phoenix, I don't live here much, mostly up in the white mountains. It's there that I do most of my shooting. I'm not a member of any clubs down here at the moment.

Next time you're in town, buy a big roll of 2-ply toiletpaper.  I use 1 square with a little dab of beeswax + tallow lube folded up inside & seated between powder & ball.  You can get fat trimmings free from about any grocery store that has a meat counter & rendering it to get pure, clean tallow is child's play.

Back