almost scored today...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time hunting in 30+ years, first time hunting turkeys period. @Ninering62 got birds in front of me, over paranoia on my part re: safety and then not being able to ID the birds with beards quick enough when the safety issue was resolved kept me from pulling the trigger ... But I seen 'em !
It was a great morning & experience doing that with you. Lookin forward to next time.

I love turkey hunting "almost" as much as deer hunting. It seems like every time I see turkeys during the fall I have my gun instead of my bow. I always buy my turkey tag for the fall in case I get an opportunity at a nice gobbler, but to this point it is yet to happen. Hunting a new property with my daughter this week however that I scouted yesterday- lots of turkey tracks, tons of tall pines. I will keep you all updated. Good luck when you get back out there again. Get out there again!!

Good for you guys. Im sure Ninering appreciates your safety concerns. Glad your out and hunting.
Yessir I certainly do respect & appreciate his decision to not shoot. When it comes to satefy & good hunting ethics, I take them extremely seriously. I'm super picky as to who I will shoot & hunt with, had he taken a shot at an animal that he couldn't 100% positively identify or taken a shot that could have put a round through someones barn or storage building, he would have never shot or hunted with me again. His only mistake was moving to get into a better shooting position with a flock of turkeys coming right to us. I'm looking forward to taking him again. He makes a fantastic fishing buddy too.

Back