Anyone shoot Barnes Expander MZ bullets?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busta

Reaction score
I think these are usually about $1 or a little more a piece. I just happened to stumble on to them from a search. These are the 10 and 20 packs. I don't know if the sabots are different or not but the price looks good compared to Cabelas. Just thought I would pass this on.

20 pack for $12.99 here. (less than $.65 a piece)

24 pack for $26.99 at Cabelas (over $1.12 a piece)

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop ... ccessories

Very interesting. They list a 45/40 saboted 180 gr Expander bullet. I do not believe such an animal exists. The only 180gr 40 cal offering that I know of from Barnes is the XTP. Am I missing something?

I am going to call them in the mornign and see if they have these listed incorrectly.

As for the .50/45 300gr, that's a steal.

NimrodRx said:
Very interesting. They list a 45/40 saboted 180 gr Expander bullet. I do not believe such an animal exists. The only 180gr 40 cal offering that I know of from Barnes is the XTP. Am I missing something?

I am going to call them in the mornign and see if they have these listed incorrectly.

As for the .50/45 300gr, that's a steal.

They make em, or used to anyway. Knight had a whole slew of Barnes bullets in various weights at one point. They've pared down what they buy from Barnes so maybe Traditions picked up on of their old offerings. Barnes doesn't sell XTP's, that would be Hornady.

Sorry,

I meant XPB, their pistol bullet. Last night was a rough one....

Yah, that was too good a deal to pass up. I ordered 8 packages too. Hurt like heck, but they're just going to get more and more expensive. 160 of these will last me and the boys a good long time. Shoot the "cheap" stuff for practice and use the Barnes for hunting.

A local store was selling the same bullets for $5.99 a pack and I offered to buy all they had for a special deal. So they dropped it down to $5.50 a 10 pack. So I bought all 15 packs. Pretty good deal. Almost all my rifles like that bullet. Although I am not to sure about them red sabots that come with them.. I might trade them out for some Nosler or something.

If you're going to swap the sabot, go with the MMP HP.

Yah, I really took a chance. I went with the 180 gr 45 cals. I have only used the 195s, but at that price....

The .45/.40 in 180 gr is down under $8 per pack. Just picked up 3 more last night. Also had 250 gr .45 bullets in .54 sabots for $2.50 per 20. Also keith nose 350 gr bullets for $0.25. They didn't specify qty or diameter (said these were missing the sabots) but they had 10 pictured with green sabots.

Anyone use the Penetrator Ballistic Tip bullets they are offering? Is it like an SST or some other critter? It says its for a .54 cal but it is a .45 cal bullet. Figure I usually don't use the factory sabot anyhow. For $2.99 for 20, why not?

Back