anyone use 265gr interlock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviomech

Reaction score
Just picked up some Hornady sabots (50 cal, .430) and some .430 -265gr FN interlocks last weekend. Any one been using this combo?? I will start with 90gr Triple 7 or JSG FFFG, and work my way up. I figure that the 265 FN was designed for the 444 marlin @ 2300 fps, so it should be good in a muzzleloader @ 1900-2000 fps. They work pretty good in my 445 Supermag loads, so its worth a shot...

Wow, no one has tried these?? I guess I'm the guinea pig.......will try to get out soon.....

sorry!

I never heard of them so as you said, oink oink my good man! :lol!:

Well these shot pretty good. But further testing is required. I shot open sights at 50 yds and got similar groups with 295gr Powerbelt and 385gr Great plains, the 265gr Interlocks were a little tighter, but all around 2.5 to 3 inches shooting at a pistol target.

I have come to the conclusion I can not see as good anymore and am starting to rely on optics. I could not see the 10 ring at 50 yds, and really caused me to kinda aim in the middle of the big orange dot (everything inside the 6 ring on a pistol target). Not very good for getting groups. The type of target didn't help.

So I'm putting my Bushnell Elite on my Knight before the next shoot and will give a more accurate range report....also time to go to the eye doc and get some specs... :lol!:

Latest posts

Back