Armsport BP Rifles

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rowdyjoe

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone is familiar with Armsport black powder rifles?   I see them for sale once on a while but, can't find much info on the quality, twist rate, reliability, etc.  The barrels are marked Armsport Miami, FL Made in Italy. 

Garry

The makers thereof figure the users don't have enough sense to know about 'twist rates'!! :( :( :cry:

I think I've answered most of my own question.  Web searches for Armsport return links listed as Armsport Investarms.  Evidently, Investarms is a continuation of Armsport but, I still can't find the twist rate for the rifle in question.
Then general consensus seems to be that Investarms rifles are of good quality and are reliable but, I wonder if that's also true of those imported by Armsport, Miami.

Put a tight patch....and I mean TIGHT and run it down the barrel all the way using a rod that has a ball bearing handle so rod can rotate! Drag it back out 1/2 the length after marking the rod to watch the revolution thereof. When it rotates to top dead center....measure the marked spot back to the muzzle and multiply by 2! That'll be your ROT!! :Salute: :thumbs up:

Sharpsman said:
Put a tight patch....and I mean TIGHT and run it down the barrel all the way using a rod that has a ball bearing handle so rod can rotate! Drag it back out 1/2 the length after marking the rod to watch the revolution thereof. When it rotates to top dead center....measure the marked spot back to the muzzle and multiply by 2! That'll be your ROT!! :Salute: :thumbs up:

Thanks for the tip but, I don't own the rifle yet.  I want to buy one with a 1-48 twist.  :) 
I see one for sale on-line but, no indication of twist and the seller is slow to answer my question.  I had one seller tell me he couldn't tell what twist it was.  I guess some  folks are selling things they no nothing about.  :(  However, that answer told me one important thing about him ....and I won't be be buying anything him.
In my experience, folks will list used firearms for sale or auction in any condition, expect premium price, provide a few pictures, tell you to ask questions, and their responses make you feel like their you're bothering them and the answers don't make much sense.  Sometimes it seem they make an effort to avoid a direct answer.  It makes me wonder if they really want to sell the item.
I've watched 50+ auctions of BP guns over the past week and only seen one or two sell.  Seems strange to me.

With the price of a new Traditions Hawken Woodsman being what it is, I think I'll buy one of those.  Can't go wrong for under $400.

Latest posts

Back