Art Seaman's Savage Score !

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Art Seaman's Savage Score!

Art Seaman is an experienced hunter who hails from Cadillac, Michigan. Earlier this year, Art called me to investigate whether the Savage 10ML-II was "as great as everyone says." I assured Art that no, it wasn't "as great" as he had heard-- it was BETTER. Art picked up a new Savage 10ML-II and dialed her in, in preparation for his whitetail hunt out West.

It was a storybook ending for Art; after a long week of hunting he has intermittently spotted a monster that had an affection for a tree in the middle of nowhere. Though hard to get to, surrounded by a whole bunch of nothing, on the last day of his hunt he decided to give it a go. Art was rewarded with this 300 pound plus beauty, that was no easy task getting out of the field. The load was 55 grains of Vihtavouri N120, pushing a Barnes Original .458 Spitzer Soft point within an MMP Orange sabot. This trophy went zero steps, and expired instantly with just two last faint kicks as dropped on the spot-- just plummeting straight down. According to Art, it was one of the most absolutely quick and devastating drops he has ever seen on a game animal.

artsea1.jpg

Congratulations to Art Seaman-- that is a beautiful way to break in a new Savage, with a lot of horn to show for the effort:

artsea2.jpg

Great buck and a beautifully done picture as well.

One question on the picture, there is something that would seem to be a stick at the bottom of the pic, but it appears to travel up and over the large plant and then down to the buck's nose - ? ? whut izit?

Underclocked said:
One question on the picture, there is something that would seem to be a stick at the bottom of the pic, but it appears to travel up and over the large plant and then down to the buck's nose - ? ? whut izit?

Art sent me the pic, so as for the stick-- I believe it is a stick, and that's no schtick. Looks like a broken stick to me, and that is no chit.

It is a branch, UC, that runs behind the buck's head and travels ever onward, past the misty mist of the dusky dusk, ending well past the sneaky senseless snootle of the befallen buck. Behind his ear, not his rear, is another fascinating stalk that is not ear, but it is near.

Man what a buck!!!! I can only hope and dream that someday maybe someday I'll kill a buck of that caliber. Congratulations Art. Way to go!!!

Verrry nice buck Art!! You don't see those to often and it sure is nice to have the right equipment on hand that will allow you to pet them.

Congratulation to Art. It appears the monster was taken without the aid of a scope. More of story would make for a great follow-up.
Cob

I think it is a branch that runs toward the camera, and perhaps beyond, but the part over the plant and under the buck looks more like a camo belt than a branch.

This is a terrible mystery and I NEED to know the answer. :wink:

Saw a beauty of an eight pointer this evening. Lobbed a couple of quick binocular shots at him. :D

Underclocked said:
This is a terrible mystery and I NEED to know the answer. :wink:

I know it is for you, SuperClocker.

But, you will just have to get a 10ML-II to find out. Should be easy for an experienced .270 scoop-loader such as yourself. :think:

It was. I'm resigned to just never understanding certain things. It's easier that way.

Yep, neck sized... H4831 scooped...no greater than a 130 grain projectile....no magnum primers.....a good rifle....best group was with 90 grain Sierra HPs - 3 in about 7/16". Not quite Savage accuracy but it did the trick again and again.....

Stop pickin on me.

Yes it is. Great pic too except for that mystery thing. :wink:

Randy, how serious was I? :lol:

Latest posts

Back