Be back soon!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRC

Reaction score
I'll be flying home soon from South Africa. It's been an invigorating and fulfilling experience. Still, it will be even better when I return home.

A former student's parents have a game farm in the Kalahari. The vegetation is thick here, but the Kalahari desert is close by. Yesterday, we went out for game, but we saw only breeding groups and trophy animals. Both are too valuable to take for meat. Hunters will pay big $$ for te trophy animals. The future of the game farm is dictated by the breeding stock.

I'll share more soon.
Ron

I saw many photos of my nephew's Aftrican hunt.  "Thick" was an understatement in some areas...practically un--walkable without a trail.  
Have a safe trip home.

Out on the bush veld we saw the largest Kudu I have ever seen; also, red hartebeest; spring bok; impala; blesbok; Oryx; ostrich with its 2 babies; eland; waterbuck; black-back jackal.
The other day we saw a puff adder, an ugly, nasty, poisonous snake. Rattlesnake and water moccasins are ugly, but the puff adder's thick body and overly large head make rattlesnakes look cute. Nothing makes cottonmouths look cute.
We are off to a game preserve tomorrow that has the whole gamut of animals including lion, leopard and elephant.
The violent crime rate is astounding, here. Farm attacks are rampant. University students receive free food if they are of the correct ethnic variety. The university food staff are on strike. The students are not getting their free meals. The students went on strike. Often the student strikes occur during examination time. I guess that must be a coincidence. :roll: 
The people I am with open carry and I feel quite safe. The red tape to own a gun is purposely onerous and the process can take years. And, all guns are registered.
Ron

Back