Benelli Nova Slug gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucker

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience w/ this barrel? I have the shotgun on it now and love that gun. I am thinking of getting a slug barrel as well and wondered if anyone is or has used one on a Nova?

they make slug barrels for the nova but they are hard to come buy and not cheap 300-400 dollars if you can find one.

I just notice this thread. I have a Benelli Nova Slug gun that I use for a shotgun only Elk hunt in Oregon. It is an excellent weapon. Loves Barnes Expander slugs.

Getting a slug gun barrel is expensive. It is almost cheaper to find a complete slug gun. You can find them for less than $400.00 on the auction sites.

PM me if you want any more details about this firearm. OEH

Benelli

Ended up getting a Remmy 870 cantilever slug gun. I am going to add some additional dressing as in a new Knoxx w/ recoil suppresion adjustable stock (I stand 6'4" and this stock is adjustable to 15 1/4"), Bushnell Trophy 1x28 lighted scope(came on the gun). I plan on shooting the Hornady 2.75 SST sabot slugs out of it. I have seen some great shots w/ that round and they hit like a freight train. I am also looking into rolling my own sabot/slugs. They have some neat kits and it cuts the costs way down from $12.00 for five to $7.50 per 5 if i can do it successfully. If you have any info on this or experience I would greatly appreciate input. I want to shoot the gun year rouind, not just at season.

I have never tried to make my own sabots. I would be interested in your experience.

My two slug guns shot the 2 3/4 slugs much more accurately than the 3". That is all I use now - even for Elk.

Good hunting. OEH

Latest posts

Back