BH 209 primer?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
primer

cci 209m is what I use and have bever had any problem out of my Pro Hunter.

The Federal 209A is probably the best all around primer for BH209. Busta on this board has a comparison of all the primers so you can pick for yourself.

I havent tried the Federal primers, only the CCI and CCIM. I prefered the regular CCI 209. Seemed like i was getting a cleaner burn and my groups were tighter. May have nothing to do with the latter except psychologicaly.

I've had numerous hang-fires with CCI 209 primers in my encore endeavor. I switched to Federal 209A and haven't had a problem since. Accuracy is definately NOT an issue with the 209A in my loads.

I use the CCIM and have used federal also. Both without problems. Perhaps more breech plug buildup with the CCIM's.

A primer test was done on one of Russel Lynch's video's
I remember the CCI's being high on the list for good ones as was Fiochi i think the name ones.

I'll watch it in a little while and post the results

I read on HP Muzzleloading that there is quite a varience in the flash hole diameter (from .027 to .035) from different manufacturers.which can make a differance as to how well you can light-off BH 209.

Makes sence to me.

Measured my Remington Genesis and it's .027. Using a Federal 209 I haven't experienced any hangfires yet, but if I do I'm probably going to get an extra breech plug and drill the flash hole bigger.

Latest posts

Back