Black Fox Squirrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
taken with the White Thunder .12 ga shotgun, 75gr. T72Fg 1 1/8 oz. #6 mag. shot

BlackFoxSquirrel002.jpg
[/img]

Very nice job. Do you have any of the pure black fox squirrels around you. My father lives on a lake and his yard is full of pure black squirrels.

We had totally black ones with a little white some times near the Nebraska and Iowa border. My understanding is the original are from Canada and someone brought a few to Iowa and let them loose.

They digs hole in yards like mad too.

The black fox squirrel is rare in my part of VA. This is the first one I have killed in over 40 years of hunting squirrels. I seen a few in my years, but never got a chance to take one till yesterday and with the White shotgun it was even more special.

Dave, I have seen one black "gray" squirrel, but I was deer hunting and the land owner asked me not to shoot it.

I killed a solid white fox squirrel several years ago, and thought of having it mounted, but not for $75 then. I'd hate to think what it would cost now.

Nice. I have seen pure black fox squirrels in SW Iowa and black grays in MO. Congrats

I have not seen black fox squirrels but we have many black grey squirrels here in town.

I shot this freak grey squirrel in Northern Michigan. The other grey picture is one that lives right down the street.

img019.jpg

funkysquirrel.jpg

Latest posts

Back