Black Horn 209 pellets ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not think so, it that would change the burn characteristics its a progressive burning powder. That would take as much engineering as it did to design the powder in the first place. Lee

Nothing would surprise me. Maybe they'll put a little BM3 on the base of a pellet of BH209.

Then have a naming contest.

I don't see why they could not make BH209 into pellets...after all, they did the same for Pyrodex and 777, so they should be able to do the same for BH209.

They could call it 'Black Horn Turds'. :lol:

Seriously, Clean Shot made pellets and Hodgdon sued. Hodgdon apparently holds patent on "pellets".

Clean Shot disappeared as a result of that litigation but is now American Pioneer Powder. And I suppose APP holds patent on "sticks".

Lawyers! :roll:

10point said:
Do they, or will they make BH209 in pellet form?????

It already is in pellet form! Just takes a lot more of them than you care to count. They are extruded cylinders with holes running through them, Pellets! :lol: I prefer a powder measure or scales to measure mine.

In all seriousness, I highly doubt you would ever see this powder in a 50 grain pellet. As hard as it is to ignite now, with all the surface area afforded for ignition, you would need one heck of a booster to light it.

Underclocked said:
Seriously, Clean Shot made pellets and Hodgdon sued. Hodgdon apparently holds patent on "pellets".

Clean Shot disappeared as a result of that litigation but is now American Pioneer Powder. And I suppose APP holds patent on "sticks".

Lawyers! :roll:

Exactly! Maybe BH 209 Sugar Cubes? :roll:

Latest posts

Back