Brass

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your choice of Brass?

• Hornady

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lapau

• Norma

• Nosler Custom

• Remington

• Weatherby

• Winchester

• Other

• Total voters
I have always used Winchester brass for my reloading mainly because of the availability and the price!

Dittoes on Winchester although I admit to using Remington cases for my .17 Remington because noone else makes them. I also use LC surplus cases in .223.
Mike

REALLY hard question! It depends on what I'm LOADING! :D

But for the MOST part, you can't load your best ammo unless you're using the best brass so that comes down to Norma, Lapua, or IMI where available.

I picked Hornady... Simply because I feel it is a good mix between quality and price.

i worry the right size for gun the rest will take of it self clint

When I buy new brass, it's usually Winchester. I do however accept donations of used brass of other manufactures :) . This is mostly from factory loads friends have purchased and shot once.

Nic_58 said:
I have always used Winchester brass for my reloading mainly because of the availability and the price!
Same here. That is if I buy brass. I haven't bought any pistol brass in years.

Mostly Winchester, although I have also been using some Federal (which I am told may be made by Starline).

I did not see a pick-up-at-range as a choice. :lol:

But seriously, I used mostly Winchester and Hornady brass.

I finally quit reloading sometime after the first 150 thousand rounds, I had tons of brass, matter of fact I think there are 2 buckets of 45 acp around here somewhere. I used all kinds of brass over the years, alot of mil surplus as well. I will say the only brass I ever found 100 percent completely unacceptable was Indian 308. This stuff is so bad, it varied a great deal in internal case capacity that no matter what you loaded in it the velocity deviations were unacceptable to the point of being unsafe with any load that was anywhere near standard performance levels for the .308.

I really don't know why but I have used Remington most of the time. I also have used other peoples hand me down brass.

Depends! My cousin who shoots .308 @ 600-1000Yds only uses Lapua. I haven't found another supplier other than Weatherby for my .257 Wby Mag.......

Blue-Dot-37.5

Back