Camo T/C Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tennesee

Reaction score
A friend of mine gave this muzzleloaderto me this morning, It looks somewhat like a Greyhawk,but with a camo factory finish, Does anybody have any info on this rifle. It short and compact even has a como scope mount on it. :D

There were a lot of T/C sidelocks that came in the camo pattern. If you have a picture, barrel length, twist rate, it might help identify the rifle. Also normally (not on all though) there is a model number or name on some of the rifles..

Sounds like a TC TreeHawk. They came in the same style as the New Englander, had a 1:48 twist and were .50 caliber and .12 ga. shotgun. Not sure if they came in .54 cal. or not.

Toy Truck That is the exact rifle that I have, I looked it up in my gun book this past weekend. I still don't know what the twist is, one guy said that it is a 1-20. Got any ideas.

I believe they had 1:48 twist. I have some old TC catalogs in the basement that I will go check and get back on this later. If the rifle was taken care of it should be a good round ball and conical shooter.

Hey I was wrong the TC TreeHawk has a 1:20 inch twist. Like I said above came in .50 cal. and .12 guage shotgun, but not in .54 cal.

So, Tennesee that leaves out round balls in that fast twist, but long conicals should work well. Hope this helps and good luck with the rifle.

On a different forum a person with a Tree Hawk was telling that 90 grains of 2f Pyrodex and a 370 grain Maxi Ball is a very accurate load. That sound about right with that twist. So that might be a place to start. Another thing I would look into was a 460 grain No Excuse Conical out of that rifle....

just my .2? worth

Thanks foe the info guys, I am gouing to try to get to the range this weekend and work up a load for this rifle. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back