Colonial Play Days on the Easterrn Plains of Colorado

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRC

Reaction score
Went to the small gathering called Colonial Play Days, hosted by a fine couple who are involved with the Ft. Lupton Muzzleloading Association.
The event was very small and intimate and was held near Platteville, CO on the Eastern Plains of Colorado, The Farm/ranch overlooks Long's Peak, a 14,000 ft mountain (I've reached just over 13,000 ft on Long's Peak, but there were too many people and not enough oxygen to permit me to scramble over the boulders and make it to the peak).

There was good banter with good people, a bit of shooting, and great buffalo stew and sausage with sauerkraut. My low salt diet was sacrificed to the outstanding food.

I had been notified some time ago to bring food for a pot luck meal and to bring a chair for myself. Of course I didn't check my old email about there sthings and showed up with nothing, zilch, diddly. Now I know the assumed responsibilities of attendees. Next time, I will bring the favorites dishes of dairy and cattle raisers -  tofu, soy milk and other vegan fare. OK, just kidding.

The couple who own the property are farmers/ranchers with a small raw milk dairy herdshare program, and raise Registered Merino sheep.
Happy Easter,
Ron

Yep....sounds like fun!.......if I was a 1,000 miles closer! :)
DSCN3546.jpg

RonC said:
I had been notified some time ago to bring food for a pot luck meal and to bring a chair for myself. Of course I didn't check my old email about there sthings and showed up with nothing, zilch, diddly.
Aha! One of those freeloaders, huh? ;)

You must be like my brother-in-law who shows up every Saturday to visit and eats everything in sight but never brings anything with.
I really don't mind because he came to see me in the hospital almost every day and he did give me nice Gerber folder for Christmas. :lol!:

Now, Bob, just send me your address so I know where to go for free food! :D 

My brother did something similar to what your brother in law did. He came up from his home on St. Croix in the Virgin Islands to assist for 3 weeks when I returned home from the heart surgery. Fortunately, he is a light eater. :lol: 
Ron

We had a good time when we went to St. Croix ... except for the sideways landing at the airport.  :pale:

Latest posts

Back