Compact Binos

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doohan

Reaction score
I am looking for a compact set of binos. Something that will fit in my fanny pack or coat pocket. Anyone have a suggestion or opinion? Is there such a thing or am I wasting my time?

That would be the size I would be after.. I think they would be great for bowhunting and close in work around 125yds and in.

Never heard much good about Steiner... these any good? what did you think of em?

It depends what you are used to and how "compact" you want to go.. I have the 8X30 Steiner Predators. I've used them for a while. They are really good binoculars until you compare them. One problem with them is that 8X magnification is too much for 30mm objective in low light conditions. That just gives you a 3.75mm exit pupil which just isn't enough. They would be better binoculars with 7X or even 6X magnification or even bump up the objective to 32mm. These binoculars do have their high points such as focus once and forget it and they are pretty compact and rugged.

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=26

I'll bring a selection of binoculars to KY and you can look see!

Thanks Chuck,

I really never considered the low light issue. That would be a concern!

My problem lies in the fact that I need to carry a range finder and a set of binos. I have considered getting a smaller range finder or a compact set of binos. Something the size of those Steiners would be good or something like the Zeiss Diafun line. Geovids would solve the problem but that just aint gonna happen.

The small Nicon rangefinders dont excite me and the new leupold line has me interested... but I am really considering a set of binos..

Doohan,

I have the Steiners 8x22s and I really like them. The only thing that would make them better for me would be if the Eye cups would stay rolled down or were of the screw down type. I wear glasses and one eye cup don't seem to want to stay down. Other than that it is the first pair of compacts in that price range that worked well for me. Nice and clear.

Shawn T

IndianaHunter said:
JJ my hunting buddy has the Steiner predator 8x22's.

http://www.steiner-binoculars.com/binoc ... r/234.html
:idea: My friend, you need to take a good look at Nikon's Prostaff binocs, their tough as nails, everything proof, small in size, but the optics are excellent. My wife has a pair of 10x25's. A store dnrsports.com, has super prices on them check it out. thought this might help.

Thanks,

I is down to ProStaff and Predators. Anything else you guys would like to suggest?

Doohan said:
Thanks,

I is down to ProStaff and Predators. Anything else you guys would like to suggest?

What about a range finding Bino. then you will only have to carry one item not two.

JD said:
Doohan said:
Thanks,

What about a range finding Bino. then you will only have to carry one item not two.

EXACTLY.....

The binocular on the LEFT is all you'll ever need...

2006huntingpics%20260.jpg

BTW...I looked at THESE binoculars at Dicks tonight:

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/7515/nikon_8x36_monarch_atb_binocular.htm

I sure do like the 36mm objective! That's not quite COMPACT but they sure are a long way from FULL SIZED. They are Made in China... :( but you couldn't tell it from looking thru them! Good looking binoculars...I almost bought them myself! But I didn't know what a good price should be..

Latest posts

Back