Cooolldd morning in the deer blind.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
This morning found me in my deer blind. Temp was -17C(0F). That in it self wasn't bad but the wind made it feel real cold. We've had a lot of snow. 40 cm (17 inches) in November but the winds caused a lot of drifting and getting around is tough. Was quite a trudge getting to the blind. Because of the wind, I left one window facing south closed which made it bearable. From time to time I'd open it to have a look. On one occasion I opened it and there, 50 yds away stood a big white tail buck. The moved startled him and he jumped straight up and then ran 20 - 30 yds and stopped. He looked back as if to say "what the heck was that?" He was joined by a second, slightly smaller buck and they both looked at me, then wandered off. Shortly after 3 white tail does walked by at a 10 yds. All would have been an easy shot, but I don't have a whitetail tag left. Only a mulie doe tag so I just watched. I was pretty well dressed but my hand got cold. Answering call of nature was not a pleasant experience, if you know what I mean ;). My hunting partner has a white tail tag and all he saw in his part of the pasture was mulies. Isn't it funny how things work out. We did a bit of a tour in the deep snow and he went for a walk and I wait near the truck. He saw a bunch more mulies and I saw a mulie buck. That ended our day. Only a couple of days left to hunt and may or may not get out. We'll see how it goes.

RAF,

Let's try this again, just goes to prove my point :d'oh!:

"Isn't it funny how things workout." Yep it's the story of my life :roll: :cry: :lol:

Whitesmoke

Latest posts

Back