crossbow regs in CT

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbythehunter

Reaction score
CT recently passed a regulation allowing all archers to use crossbows starting in 2013. Picked up a used Excalibur Exocet and I'm ready to give it a try. Didn't even practice with the compound this year. So much easier and accurate with the crossbow. Really looking forward to it.

I came close to buying a crossbow once. You bought the one I was looking at. Good luck.

I use mine because my shoulders are shot. It has one advantage over a compound, it's already cocked, but it's heavy, awkward to carry long distances and NOISY when fired. If I could pull 45 pounds, I'd still be using a compound.

Hey Bobbythehunter, when you get a chance post a pic of a target and show us what it can do. :)

:D 

Good luck with that new toy :!:  Been thinking about one for a while now..:scratch: 

Ray..............:shooter:

I bought one last year, Horton Fury 360, and have yet to harvest anything. It will be going with me a lot this year so I can justify it to the wife. LOL 

I bought it thinking it would be better for taking turkeys and deer do to less movement. What is didn't realize is how heavy and loud they are! Some are better than others but IMO the vertical bows are much lighter and easier to lug around the woods. I think the real advantage to the crossbow is once find the spot you're going to hunt there is less chance of getting busted executing your shot.

Back