Crud Ring or Pitting?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hjbuys

Reaction score
I have this ring around the inside of my barrel near the breech plug where the powder/bullet sits. I have only shot BH209 through my gun since buying it last year. I have swabbed with T/C bore cleaner and Hoppes #9 and scrubbed at it with my bore brush without any success in getting it out. Could it be circumferential pitting or is it just crud that I can't seem to get loose? Any tips for getting rid of it would be appreciated. It's driving me crazy!

I take it you can feel a change in bore where it is located? Higher or lower than the adjacent surfaces?

hjbuys said:
I have this ring around the inside of my barrel near the breech plug where the powder/bullet sits. I have only shot BH209 through my gun since buying it last year. I have swabbed with T/C bore cleaner and Hoppes #9 and scrubbed at it with my bore brush without any success in getting it out. Could it be circumferential pitting or is it just crud that I can't seem to get loose? Any tips for getting rid of it would be appreciated. It's driving me crazy!

That's exactly what I've got in my barrel...Same location and looks the same. I think that we both shoot Triumphs.
Zen

Yes it's a triumph. I can't feel it, just see it when I look through the bore from the breech side. It's about 3-4 cm beyond the threads.

Latest posts

Back