CVA Variflame Conversion kit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobcat_trapper

Reaction score
Is anyone using one of them? I like the idea of large rifle primers . I have 10,000 plus primers on hand. I shoot blackhorn 209 powder. I have them in large and large magnum too. I have a new CVA Optima V2 50 cal.

I looked it up 200.00 for kit. CVA kit 85.00

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231024_185257_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20231024_185257_Chrome~2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 0
There is an o-ring that will seal that Vari flame up just like the one for the 209 primer. @billyboy* sent me some. Its 5mm x 1mm for the VF instead of the 4.5mm x 1mm for the 209. McMaster-Carr or amazon should have them cheap.

There is an o-ring that will seal that Vari flame up just like the one for the 209 primer. @billyboy* sent me some. Its 5mm x 1mm for the VF instead of the 4.5mm x 1mm for the 209. McMaster-Carr or amazon should have them cheap.
This was once mentioned on Doug's a few years ago. I got the kit for the 10MLII and still had a lot of leakage. Ordered the o-rings from McMaster-Carr all leakage stopped. Had to do another round of head-spacing but it was well worth it!

Thanks i was wondering about tbe kit? I may just stick with 209 primers. I reload 410 28 20 and 12 ga. So 209 primers isnt an issue.

Are you sure it’s 5mm od or id ? I’m just going by pictures of rons variflame mods and the module looks much bigger than the 209 pocket. Not trying to argue with you just want to be sure before I order some.
Yep its OD, im 99% sure. But iwill double check after work tonight. In fact i can send you some of these if you want to try them out.

Yep its OD, im 99% sure. But iwill double check after work tonight. In fact i can send you some of these if you want to try them out.
Ok let me
PM me your info and i will mail you some.

PM me your info and i will mail you some.
Thanks for the offer and I might take you up on it. I’m going to use the breech plug I bought to convert a 45-70 into a muzzleloader. I might just sleeve the primer pocket to fit 209 primers only because I have a few thousand of them and I don’t reload shotgun shells. I did just find on one of Rons posts that he uses this oring.

Attachments

• IMG_1352.png
    IMG_1352.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 0
Ok let me

Thanks for the offer and I might take you up on it. I’m going to use the breech plug I bought to convert a 45-70 into a muzzleloader. I might just sleeve the primer pocket to fit 209 primers only because I have a few thousand of them and I don’t reload shotgun shells. I did just find on one of Rons posts that he uses this oring.
That’s with a plug he modifies so I’m sure a factory variflame plug will be different

Latest posts

Back