• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dont Get Scammed

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
If someone suspicious only replied by PM and not in the forsale/wtb post you can invite a mod/admin to the conversation in the side bar.

If a buyer/seller PMs you and all their posts are generic like "Hi and Welcome" ect ect i would be far more cautious. All they did is get the post count up for no other reason but to gain access to the Classifieds.

Google any email they give you. Scammers often get outed on other forums and they post up the scammers email and telephone number.

If a seller only accepts payments through stuff like Zelle there is probably a BAD reason why.

If you get any response to a forsale/buy and you are not sure CONTACT ONE OF US FIRST BEFORE SENDING MONEY TO THEM. Use the report feature if you think it might be a scammer.

Great advice! There’s so many pieces of crap out there you need to be cautious. If the deal sounds to good to be true it is. Also if you searching for a hard to find item and magically someone has a late uncle that had said item… well that’s a scam too.

Many of the guys dont know you can use the Report even for a PM. It gives us more info to work with. A reported PM just shows us that message and all mods/admins get the report. So if some of us are offline there is a better chance it will be handled quickly.

I too shamefully got scammed by a website called Rampage Firearms claiming to carry CCI 209M primers. I paid using PayPal “Friend”. Delivery was to occur 3 to 5 days later. It’s now been a month and nothing. I did file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and now have a case number. PayPal informed me that if you use “Friend” then they cannot assist in crediting funds transferred back. Nobody likes that feeling of being scammed. In the long run maybe this was a cheap lesson like when I was in my twenties (over 40 years ago) and a friend told me he had a sure thing on a Washington Redskins verse Seattle Seahawks football game.

I too started to use Rampage but after they didn't charge hazmat I became leary When the hell is our government going to go after this low life

I have received notice that Rampage has been summoned and have until January 20, 2022, to comply. I happened To take screenshots of everything and forwarded to BBB. I believe Rampage will be charged with fraud, cellular use across state lines to commit fraud, and likely tax evasion.

I too shamefully got scammed by a website called Rampage Firearms claiming to carry CCI 209M primers. I paid using PayPal “Friend”. Delivery was to occur 3 to 5 days later. It’s now been a month and nothing. I did file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and now have a case number. PayPal informed me that if you use “Friend” then they cannot assist in crediting funds transferred back. Nobody likes that feeling of being scammed. In the long run maybe this was a cheap lesson like when I was in my twenties (over 40 years ago) and a friend told me he had a sure thing on a Washington Redskins verse Seattle Seahawks football game.
Place your bet on the Lions...

I've heard about folks getting scammed and then getting contacted by 'police' and 'investigators' and 'lawyers' who promise justice for just a small fee... and of course they are just the part 2 of the same scam...

Farmerdave, I searched for “Rampage Firearms” . Saw their contact info
Looked the address up on Google maps.Got lat /long coordinates.
Entered those into a hunt app and used Property Info.
Showed:83643304-5A93-48D1-9399-4C57914F819F.jpeg

If you get a private message from someone wanting to purchase your item, and if they say their friend has it, Please report it so we can check it out and possibly ban that member at that time.

Back