Eabco Peep-Rib Sight System?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleboje

Reaction score
Did anyone get one of the Peep-rib sight systems for Christmas?

I am thinking of mounting one on my Triumph, but want to get some opinions from those who may have the system already mounted and tested out...

Here is the link to see what it looks like...

http://www.eabco.com/Muzzleloader03.htm

For those folks who have the peep-rib system, does it work for you and did you have to get a higher front sight to make it work???

Please post up and let me know.

I have one of those mounts on my Omega X7. It works quite fine. I didn't need a higher front sight for my rifle; i did think i would need a lower front sight, but managed to use the original. The X7 does come with a peep sight from the factory, but i have old eyes and have to squint real tight to be able to make the front sight look round. During the muzzle loader season here we need to use iron sights is why i purchased the X7. There is no way i can focus on an open rear sight. I used the Eabco mount with a scope to develop my hunting loads; removed the scope, and mounted the peep for hunting. I have low quick detachable rings to keep the scope tight, thus the peep sight and the scope cannot be on the mount at the same time. I fired many many shots using the scope, and then removed it to familiarize my self with the iron sights prior to hunting. The scope seems to go back within an inch or so of zero when reattached, so the shots are still on the paper at 100yd. The peep sight returns close to zero too.

I don't see how you could comfortably use the iron sights on a Triumph, because the stock has such a high comb. I wanted a Triumph, but when i held it in my hands i realized it would slap me good and hard when i fired it using the iron sights. Now, after a good successful hunting season, i am quite happy with my Omega.

You do know, don't you, that the front sight isn't near as durable as a scope. I've hunted for years with a scope, and have slipped and fallen many times with out damaging any scope. The front sight, especially with the fiber optic glowing thing, could be easily be broken or bent if one fell, or snagged it on a limb or bush.

I busted the front fiberoptic part off of my triumph this year. Don't know when or how I did it, but I wasn't hard on it at all.

ronlaughlin

Thanks for the reply...I think I will pick up one of the eabco peep-systems for my Triumph.

In my case, the Triumph stock, with it's higher comb, fits me to a 'T'. :D

My medium Warne QD rings should give enough clearance with the mounted eabco peep sight to make a good setup.

Thanks again.

Joe

Cleboje:
Do you mind posting a pic when you get the sites mounted on your gun? I'll be interested to see how they fit and to hear how well you like them. thanks.

hibuys

I will post up the pics...should be late January before I get all the pieces in place and run it through on the range.

Joe

I have an Encore that I mounted a peep-site on. The peeprib that is sold by eabco is actually made by Williams gun sight co. My front sight works ok height-wise but would actually like to replace the fiberoptic bead with one of the old style fronts with a brass bead and a narrow tang. Only replacement fronts I can find are fiberoptic though. I would also recommend ordering the "twilight peep" from williams- It has a much larger aperture with a brass ring around it, works great at dawn and dusk-I carry the small factory peep in my pocket, then switch when it is light enough to see through the smaller peep. Good Luck and good shootin.

mirage1988

Thanks for the tip on the 'twilight sight', it sounds like a good set-up for the magic minutes right at dawn and dusk.

I think your search for the brass bead front sight could be found at www.midwayusa.com or give them a call at 1-800-243-3220 and request a catalog.

Midway USA has a large selection of sights that inlcude the brass, gold colored or white bead that fit a number of different front sights, either as an integral part or as a dovetail replacement.

Thanks for the tip and good luck in the search for your sight.

Joe

Latest posts

Back