English flintlock officer’s pistols by Waters.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
More guns my friend is selling.

English flintlock officer’s pistols by Waters.

.60 caliber, 7" barrels, no S/N. A fine pair of brass-mounted English flintlock officer’s pistols by Waters, London ca 1770 with silver thumbpieces engraved with a coat of arms consisting of three five-pointed crowns (rubbed). The signed engraved bolted locks with push on safeties and simple engraving have all their original small parts. The octagonal-to-round barrels are signed London and marked proved. The brass buttcaps have spurred pommels and a grotesque face in relief. The elaborate brass sideplates are cast in relief with a trophy of arms and pierced. The sidenails are delicately engraved. The figured walnut full stocks have a carved shell at the breech. A very attractive pair of Revolutionary War period pistols in fine original condition.

Condition:
Both pistols retain their original ramrods one with worm. Condition is good overall with smooth steel surfaces and no real pitting. The stocks are crisp with only minor marks and no repairs.
This is a buy at Estimate: $2,500 - $5,000

3225143_1.jpg
3225143_2.jpg
3225143_4.jpg
3225143_5.jpg

Fred never say anything about moving his wares, its either his wife that mentions it to my wife or I happen to see items that look like something he maybe selling on one of the auction sites like Cowan's.

What do I have to sell, would love to have this set.

Back